Chapter 15 - Reunion

Song - My Hero (Foo Fighters)

Gally led us through the Wicked compound, the bottom section completely deserted because of the sirens. I could barely hear myself think with how loud they were.

We ran back the way we came into the garage. I spotted the soldiers on the opposite end at the same time as Gally.

"Get down," Gally ordered to the kids. They all hid behind a cement barricade. I glanced at Gally. He caught my eye.

He motioned with his eyes towards the soldiers. I understood what he was saying. I slowly lifted my head just above the barricade to spy on the soldiers, they were running out of the garage towards the others.

I bent back down and made a 'move forward' symbol with my hand.

He nodded and stood up but still crouched over,

"Let's go... stay low," he ordered to the others.

Gally let the kids pass, reminding them to stay low against the barricade. As I reached him, he grabbed the small of my back and ran beside me. I glanced at where the soldiers had once been.

They were gone.

That may not be a good thing. Depending on whether Thomas and Newt are here already with Minho.

We sprinted to the front of the group as we headed to the opposite end of the garage.

"Brenda, where are you?" I panted into the walkie-talkie as we turned a corner.

A bus pulled in right in front of us,

"We're here," Brenda remarked mockingly. I spotted her smirking in the front seat. I smiled up at her, laughing in disbelief.

She opened the window,

"Come on, let's go!"

"Alright, alright, let's go!" Gally urged leading the kids to the bus doors.

"Quickly come on!" I called to the stragglers at the back, guiding them towards the bus.

"Front and back, front and back!" Gally instructed. I guided the group to the door at the back of the bus.

"Almost here team, come on, on the bus!" I urged as they quickly filed in. Once my group was in, I ran back beside Gally and in front of Brenda.

"El where's Thomas?" She asked me urgently.

My eyes filled with dread.

"I thought he would be here with you by now," I murmured.

Brend took a step out of the bus, but Gally stopped her with his hand,

"Wait, you two... stay here with the kids. I'll find him," he breathed clutching his gun tighter in his hands.

"I'm coming with you," I demanded cocking my gun.

"No, you're not El-" he started,

"Shut the hell up, we're wasting time!" I hissed,

I turned back to Brenda,

"We'll be back soon... don't leave without us," I half-joked but I knew she understood it was a real request.

"Don't worry... wouldn't dream of it," She smirked, "Go!"

Gally grabbed my hand and pulled me around as we ran side by side into the Wicked building.