Chapter 19 - Fall

Born to Die - (Lana Del Rey)

As soon as I pulled the trigger, I closed my eyes and turned around. 

I didn't want to see his lifeless body. I didn't want any remorse consuming me. I opened my eyes and my gaze turned to Thomas sitting against a lab desk. He was watching me.

He nodded softly.

I nodded in return.

It had to be done. I did it. It's good he's gone. He killed so many of my friends.

I did the right thing.

Right?

Thomas winced and put his head back against the desk. I rushed over to him and fell to my knees. His entire shirt was red.

"Oh god," I muttered.

I pressed my hands up against his stomach making him flinch. Immediately I was covered in wine red blood.

We met eyes,

"You have to get out of here," he croaked.

I shook my head,

"I'm not leaving you here silly,"

"I trust Gally to take care of you but... Ella, I need you to take care of Newt... here,"

He handed me a bigger vial with a darker blue liquid.

My eyes widened in shock

"You did it," I whispered in disbelief.

The cure.

"Yes... go back to the ship, give it to Newt, and get to the safe haven..."

He grabbed the side of my face and smiled softly.

"Just tell Newt I love him for me, okay?"

My eyes widened as Thomas's filled with tears,

I stood up abruptly,

"You can tell him that yourself... come on,"

I lifted Thomas to a stand by putting his arm around my shoulders.

"We can make it..."

Red flashing lights now filled the building along with piercing sirens. The ground shook pushing Thomas and me from side to side. We stumbled through the halls, Thomas under my arm, wheezing for air. His blood stain was growing.

"Hold on Tom, we're almost there..."

I pushed open the roof door with my hand, holding up Thomas with my other, and hobbled through the door,

"There they are!" I heard Brenda yell from the ship. I looked up and saw the ship hovering just above us.

"Get lower!" Gally barked to Jorge driving the ship.

"Come on guys!" Minho bellowed.

"We're gonna make it-" I started,

BOOM!

An explosion rocked the building bringing both me and Thomas to the ground.

"Ellie!"

"Thomas!"

I crawled to Thomas and gripped him. He could barely breathe and was clutching his stomach.

He looked up at me.