Chapter 3 - Remember

Song - Matilda (Harry Styles)

I slowly followed behind Dr Crawford down the hall, surrounded by four guards. I had asked why that was necessary, but they said it was just a precaution. They didn't answer when I asked what the danger was and why I was the only one who needed it. Dr Crawford said that they needed to move to a different room for blood and other tests. The woman had cleaned up my cuts and other grazes in the other room and was still going when the boys left. I had no idea where they went. A guard said I would meet up with them after. It felt strange to be in this new sterile environment. Everything spotless and artificial. No dirt, grass, or trees. I wasn't a fan.

As we walked further down we passed a cafeteria, the wall turning to glass so I could see everything inside. There were more kids. Kids my age. Boys and girls. Eating food together in table groups. I craned my neck to try and see my boys.

There they were. I saw Newt's blonde mop, and then Thomas, Minho. And if they could sense my presence or something, they all turned to look at me. Their eyes widened at the soldiers around me. I tried to tell them it was okay with a facial expression, but I don't think they understood because in an instant they were on their feet and storming to the closest door, guarded by two soldiers. I heard their faint voices behind the glass,

"Eleanor!"

"Hey! Where are you taking her?"

"Is she okay?"

As we were rounding the corner, I turned back and tried to yell back but a guard grabbed my wrist and pulled me around the corner. I heard their shouts get louder. I tried to look back again but the soldier put his hand on my shoulder roughly and pushed me forward. Soon I couldn't hear them anymore. And then I was led to a rather large operating room.

"Why are we in an operating room?" I asked Dr Crawford, a sick feeling entering my stomach.

"Like I said, we need to run some tests, lie on the bed please," She responded bluntly.

I hesitated before setting myself on the bed. A handful of doctors entered the room and started preparing all sorts of equipment around me.

"What is all this for?" I asked one of the doctors. They didn't respond.

"What's going on?" I started to get out of my bed but a few soldiers gripped my limbs and held me down on the bed.

"Hey! Get off of me! Dr Crawford, what is this?" I yelled as they started to strap me down. I squirmed and kicked but it was no use.

"We just need to take some tests... prepare the anesthesia," She instructed another doctor.

"Anaesthesia! You don't need anesthesia for blood tests!"

Two doctors appeared on either side of me and placed a breathing tube into my nose, even against my violent protests. Immediately I felt lighter. Tired. As if I hadn't slept in weeks.

"Wait. No. Stop. Please," I whispered before my eyes slowly fluttered shut. The last thing I heard before being pulled further into my sleep was Dr Crawford,

"You may begin,"

"Eleanor!" a sing-song voice called from down the hall. I looked up and saw a woman striding towards me. Beautiful, blonde, and tall women. Face round and full. Hazel eyes sparkling like hot chocolate in winter. She towered over me.

"Have you seen your brother?" She asked while squatting down to match my level on the ground.

I shook my head.

"Hmmmm where could he be-"

"RAHHHH!!" Two male voices screamed while jumping out from behind the door. A man and a little blonde boy.