Chapter 7 - Impossible

Song - Little Lion Man (Mumford & Sons)

The car started accelerating towards us. We watched our friends be taken into some sort of private property through a large door opened by another rebel.

"Reverse El... reverse!" Fry bellowed.

"Hold on!" I screamed while putting the car into reverse and zooming backwards.

I then turned the car around... and floored it.

Fry gripped the handle,

"Do you even know how to drive?" He screamed.

"Yes! Kind of!" I admitted back, "Hang on to something!" I ordered while turning the car suddenly into another street and zooming forward.

"Oh my god, I'm going to die today!" Fry cried.

"Shut up!" I hissed back.

I looked in the rear-view mirror...

The enemy truck behind us turned onto our street and was hot on our tail.

I floored it but the other truck still managed to creep closer and closer until it rammed into our back. We both lurched forward.

"Shit!" I yelled while getting the car back under my control... not without hitting a few metal canisters and other random objects on the side of the road first.

I glanced to my left quickly before doing a complete double-take.

The truck was right next to us, and a soldier was holding a gun out the window.

"Oh god, oh god, oh god, El!" Fry screamed.

"Ahhhhh," I bellowed before veering the car to the left and slamming into the other truck almost throwing Fry out of his seat.

It worked, the other truck stalled giving us a few moments to gain a lead... but it zoomed into action once again, still close behind.

"I can't shake em!" I cried,

An idea popped into my head. I turned to Fry,

"Switch with me," I instructed.

"What?"

"Switch with me!"

"Uh, okay?"

I slowly left the seat as Fry crawled over and took the wheel.

I hopped into the back of the empty van and reached for both my shotguns. I kicked open the boot door with my good foot and knelt on one knee to keep steady against Fry's crazy driving.

I smiled at the look of panic on the driver's face. I aimed...

BANG!

BANG!

And shot the two front wheels.

With the speed the car was going and the sudden loss of control... the car flipped onto its side.

I laughed in triumph.

"Nice shot!" Fry called.

"Turn us around and let's go get the others," I instructed while closing the car doors and hopping back into the passenger seat.

Fry turned down a little alleyway, before turning again and heading back down a road the way we came.

"We have no idea what's gonna be on the other side so stay alert," I breathed.

As we closed into where we saw the others pull in, I noticed one slight problem... it was closed off by a massive steel swinging door... and was guarded by a handful of soldiers... all pointing guns our way.