⁂𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘⁂

Aliyah's Pov:

I slowly regained consciousness, fluttering my eyes open to find I was in a hospital bed in the infirmary.

I saw a little lamp warmly lit on the side table that gave a bit of light in the darkened place. I sat up properly, getting my phone out to see what I looked like.

The left side of my face was fine, but on the right side, I had an almost bloodshot red eye and bandages from the end of my eyebrow to the bottom of my cheekbone along with bruises.

I switched my phone off, setting it on the side table and drinking from the glass of water beside me.

Madame Pomfrey walked in with a medication of some sort, slightly startled to see me awake "oh, why hello. Feel any better?" She asked kindly

"My head hurts a bit, and it hurts my cheek if I close my eyes too tight; but other than that I'm fine" I stretched, sitting fully up

"The headaches are expected, which is why..." she placed a bottle of pills on the side table "you'll have to take these and they've already been sent to your dorm. Now, these are also for low iron, which is what you have"

"Low iron?" "Yes, you have an iron deficiency and are assigned to these, alright? And, try your best not to wear contacts and use your glasses instead"

"Mhm... what time is it?" I tilted my head. "About 8:05 A.M."

"A.M?! Wh- what happened?". She looked confused "why my darling, you passed out for about a few Hours." "Hours?!"

She chuckled. "It is normal for confusion, but for now, try to relax a bit before doing anything". I nodded.

"Does Mattheo know I'm awake?" I asked after a long pause of silence
"Would you like me to tell him?". I shook my head no.

"Did anyone try to come and see me?". She sighed "well, your brother of course, Lorenzo Berkshire, and the boy who always gets into fights, Theodore Nott". I raised my eyebrows

Theodore came to see me?.

"Well, did you let them?". "Of course not, I was still stitching you up, but Theodore came again this morning and just saw you for a few minutes. He was very sad, I might add"

Stitches? I had to get stitches? Is it going to scar later on?

"The injury's that bad?" I questioned in worry. "The bludger accidentally popped a blood vessel which is why your eye is a bit bloody, but it's honestly not bad, could've almost lost your eye" she explained

"Is my eye going to stay like this? Bloody and red?"
She chuckled "don't be distressed, it'll only be like that for a week. Although, if it or your injury hurts after more than that, be sure to inform me". I chuckled, "alright, i'll keep that in mind"

"Well, you can take a bath in the bathroom and here's a pair of pajamas Daphne Greengrass sent. And make sure not to get water on the right side of your face" she smiled

She handed me them and I entered the bathroom. I locked the door, and took the much needed warm bath, changing after it and drying my hair.

I then ate my breakfast and was about to go get my books before she stopped me. "Aliyah, do not do anything before 6 P.M.. I still need to make sure you are fully alright"

I scoffed in shock "What- Madame Pomfrey, I feel fine-"

"Even so I will not let you. You may not go to Quidditch practice even if it is later, and nothing for now, undersood?" She declared

I sighed "yes..."

I was going to go to Quidditch practice anyways, but I finally caught up with Mattheo who talked me out of it.

"Aliyah, you only woke up this morning, I don't think you should"

I huffed "fine". "Thank you" he said with a smile and hugged me once more "i'm so happy you're okay..."

I chuckled "Mattheo, could you just do me a single favor?". He nodded
"Don't tell anyone else I woke up yet, got it?"
He tilted his head in confusion "why?". "Just because. Please?". He thought through it a bit "Okay, fine"

Soon came the time for Theodore's birthday, and I obviously dressed up properly

I accidentally showed up a bit late, walking past the crowd of people I barely knew.

I spotted Theodore sitting on a couch with some others, and he surprisingly looked a bit upset. I crept up behind him secretly, Pansy's eyes softening as she smiled at seeing me, which Theodore noticed.

"What? Why are you smiling, did something happen?" He asked her in confusion, to which she chuckled

"Look behind you, Nott" whispered into his ear. And with that, Theodore immediately looked back and saw me, his face lighting up. "Happy Birthday" i chuckled

He got up and hugged me tightly, burying his face in my shoulder. I giggled, hugging him back

"I thought you almost died" he whispered with a sniffle, snickering a bit at the same time. He pulled away to look at my face, his own filled with tears "God, that must sting, doesn't it?"

"More of a headache, but not that bad. I just couldn't do anything the first few hours after waking up"
"Fucking hell" he sniffled again, wiping his glossy eyes. I smiled "don't cry, it's okay"

"I just thought..." he looked at it again "I thought I might've lost one of my closest friends the day before my birthday, and that you probably hated me"

Hate him...? How could he think I hated him?

"Theo, I don't hate you... I just needed a bit of space, and I'm good now"

"It's mostly my fault..." Pansy spoke up from behind us.
Theodore moved aside and I looked at her. I never thought I'd ever miss her this much

I quickly hugged her tightly and she did back "We're never ever pulling shit like that ever again" i insisted. "Never again"

We pulled away and chuckled, and so did Theo. "Well, now that that's all cleared up" i cleared my throat "Happy birthday, Theo; one of my dearest friends" I handed him his present. He smiled, one of the cutest smiles ever.

"You still managed to get me a present?" "I'd be a dick to show up empty handed" he snickered at my words

"I really appreciate this, bella. Everything" he looked at me with thankfulness. "no need to thank me, it's what friends do"

"Now, i'm going to die of thirst, so i'm going to get a beer. Want one?" I asked and he nodded.

I came back a few minutes later with two bottles, sitting next to him on the couch. Mattheo joined us as well "Well, well. Would you look at that? Aliyah's perfectly stable, Theo" Mattheo joked

I handed Theo his bottle and opened mine "ha ha, Matt, really funny" i rolled my eyes, smirking and taking a sip.

"I mean he's not entirely wrong" Theodore lightly grazed his fingers over my bandages. "It's just a few stitches, they'll heal in a few weeks" i brushed it off

"And what about your iron deficiency, hm?" Mattheo added
"Not helping" i mumbled. "You have an iron deficiency now too?" Theodore turned to me, raising his eyebrows

"C'mon, now. Today's your birthday. It's about you." I debated
"I know that, bella, but I still worry for you" he giggled

"Well, you are not going to worry about me or anyone else today on my watch, got it?" I ruffled his hair playfully

And the night went on with drinking, dancing, games, etc...

—————
1274 words!!
I kinda wanted to make the chapter a bit longer but I figured it'd be too much
They're good now, yippee!! (that was written jokingly if u couldn't tell lmao)
School ends 21 Dec sooo
Love u guyss!!
Btw, can some of u guys pls recommend my story/ share it pls (sorry i dont wanna sp too much)
Gn🩷🩶