⁂𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐄⁂

Aliyah's Pov:

Soon came a day I was dreading most. The day Voldemort assigned me to kill Dumbledore. I never told anyone about this mission. Nobody except Mattheo and Snape knew.

I can admit, Dumbledore sure is a lying asshole, but the thought of having to kill him, that was different. I've never ever killed anyone before. If I wouldn't complete what I was told to do, Voldemort and Bellatrix would simply kill me with no hesitation, they've told me that themselves.

I stayed quiet most of the day and didn't plan on meeting Theo. I told him I was hanging out with Mattheo for a bit as an excuse. I felt sick to my stomach, an unpleasant and unexpected wave of nausea hitting me even two days before. I called in sick and skipped potions, Quidditch practice as well.

I didn't want to do this, but had to, trembling as I walked up to the astronomy tower where I knew Dumbledore was. I heard mumbling noises before I walked in. He looked at me, standing up from the ground he was sitting on "Good evening, Aliyah".

I simply pointed my wand at him and Mattheo walked in as well, "What brings you here? Is there something you would like to speak to me about?".

"Who else was here?" I spoke. "I have no idea what you're talking about" he denied, "Do not lie, I heard someone talking"

"I was talking to myself like I do sometimes. I find it extraordinary, a way to expand thinking patterns" he lied. "Nobody would do that unless they're mental" said Mattheo.

Dumbledore tilted his head "Are you sure you two have been alright? You've been acting strangely recently. Word from your peers that you've missed Quidditch, any explanation for that?"

I stayed silent, pointing my wand at him from across the room. "You have no need to be an assassin for Voldemort. That is not who you are" he said calmly, "You wouldn't expect it. What I am could easily shock you, but what I've become is worse" I swallowed the lump in my throat

"You cannot expect to try and slip poison into my drink at dinner, or have yourself isolated from your friends without one noticing something is off about you two, especially you... and I just happen to notice" he looked more serious, mentioning one of the secret mini-missions I've done in attempts to kill him.

"He trusted me, forced me, with this mission!" I felt my eyes well up "He chose his own daughter to do it!" I lifted up my sleeve, showing that horrendous mark again.

His face almost stayed the same, yet I could notice his expression changing, gaze darkening but softening at the same time. "Then let me make it easier for you" he brought out his wand, "Expelliarmus!" Casted Mattheo, throwing Dumbledore's wand out of his hand.

"You two are great students, yet all this time have been forced to take horrible decisions" he said softly "Let me simply help you-"

"I don't want your help" I cut him off, hand now starting to shake. Dumbledore still seemed stable, even after the sudden apparation of Bellatrix, Fernir Greyback and Lucius, despite it being impossible. "There are others" he raised a brow.

"You know you do not have to kill me-", "yes, I do!" I exclaimed. "Don't you understand? I have to kill you" a felt my heart beat in my chest. "Yet, why?" , "Or he's going to kill us" Mattheo replied, voice starting to break as well