⁂𝐃𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍⁂

Theodore's Pov

It's already been a few days of detention, and it was now the start of February, our last day of detention being today, Friday.

We've been ignoring each other ever since that fight and neither of us bothered to even try and talk to the other. The only bit of communication we'd have was during potions to work on the Veritaserum and we basically talked through Enzo so that we wouldn't have to talk to each other directly.

Honestly, I was secretly hating it. Any time we'd hang out with the whole group, we would be an awkward, slight separation in the conversation.

I tried warning her that going out with Adrian was a bad idea, but she just wouldn't listen. I was right, it turned out bad and we fought which is the reason I am currently walking to Professor Snape's office after Quidditch for our last session of detention.

I walked in to see Aliyah already there and I sat on the chair opposite to her. She shot me a look I hated.

"Today, I want you two to work things out. The door will unlock itself in an hour" said Professor McGonagall before leaving the room and locking the door shut behind her.

I simply sighed and looked at her, her face filled with anger and annoyance, "Don't even try, Nott". I raised a brow "We're using last names like nemeses now, Aliyah?"

"You're the reason we're in here anyways" she huffed, "Oh so now it's all my fault?"
"Yes, it is, if you couldn't figure that out already" she sneered

"I was simply warning you as a friend. It's called looking out for others, if you couldn't figure that out already" I mocked

She scoffed "I have looked out for everyone and put their needs before mine my entire life, but once I finally stand my ground for that I'm in the wrong. Real nice"

"I never said that-" "yes you did!" She cut me off. "I never did! I was clearly advising you about him so you wouldn't get hurt again. Do you know how hard it is seeing you cry over shitheads like them? Honestly, I'm doing this for you, if you couldn't tell"

"If I couldn't tell?! I do everything for everyone! I take responsibility for other's mistakes, I try not to make them look bad even when it's completely their fault, and I fucking suffered for speaking the truth to my so called 'parents', but look where that's gotten me!" She rolled up her sleeve to show her dark mark, her hands shaking

"So I'm sorry, if I didn't listen one time to other people's criticism when I hear it every single day and I'm fucking tired of it!" Her voice broke as a tear rolled down her cheek. Now I feel like shit.

"I'm fucking tired, of having to wipe off either blood or tears or both every time I do anything wrong, even the slightest detail. I'm so tired of it, I'm tired of life." Her breath caught up in her throat as she started to shake

"Bella..." I got up and hugged her. She was right. I'd gone too harsh on her before.

She accepted the hug and cried into my shoulder, becoming short of breath. "Breathe, Al, it's okay" I comforted her "breathe, breathe, you're going to be fine"

"I'm just so sick of everything and I can't seem to do anything right" she sobbed. "It's okay, everyone feels like that at some point... everyone's days have their ups and downs"

"Yeah but seems my whole life's a big fat fucking down" , I chuckled "It's okay... it'll become an up eventually". "How do you even know that?" She sniffled

"Because my life was at a down once too" I acknowledged. "...what?..." she wiped her tears and looked up at me, I nodded.

"You see, these scars you have" I caressed the scar on her face "I've got them too"

"How come? I've never seen them" she tilted her head in confusion. "I can show you"

We both sat down again. I lifted my pants and showed the back of my leg. "That scar was the first and only one my father ever gave me. I was in fourth year at the time"

"Fourth year" "Yeah. He'd use it as a way to 'discipline' me"
"That's what Bellatrix does"
...
"Well then I'm sorry we relate to that" I smiled softly and she did back. "Is that the only one you have?"

"Thankfully, yes. After my father gave me this I became scared shitless of disobeying him" I laughed, causing her to laugh as well.

"See? You're smiling already!" , she giggled. "Your life's going to be perfectly fine"

"Thanks, Theo", "There's really no need to-"
"Yes there is. You're helping save my life in a way I am infinitely grateful to you for. Thank you" she got up and hugged me again

Those had to be the most thoughtful words I've ever been told my entire life.

I hugged her back. I should be the one thanking her. She's genuinely made me a better person than I ever was before.

"Now that that's all settled" she looked around "wanna sneak out?"

I laughed "Are you serious?", but that question was quickly answered as she started to search around for something until she picked up a pin.

She used it to unlock the door since we didn't have our wands on us, and we were soon off on our way to Hogsmeade. We went to a sweets shop and got chocolate frogs along with sour candy, then went up to the Astronomy Tower.

We sat there, eating out chocolate and laughing. I got my card out of my chocolate and checked it "I got Dumbledore" we hysterically laughed, adding on until our stomachs hurt from laughing.

"Merlin, I haven't laughed this hard since Draco turning a ferret last year" Al wiped her tears of laugher, still giggling a bit "God, we nearly died laughing during that"

We giggled a bit more before we started to feel little droplets of water. "Shit, it's going to rain" I got up. "For the fifth time this week?" She got up as well and we ran back inside the castle before a storm started.

"Really, you make me feel so much better of myself. I'm lucky to have you as my friend, Theo."

"Me too, Al. Me too..."

—————
1075 wc
I have a severe hatred towards this chapter
I feel like this could've been written so much better, but I'm not wearing my glasses rn and it's 1 in the morning😭
HANNYANAKSUJUSMUMS
I wanna watch PJO so badly, is it good?
VOTE!!!
🩷🩶