⁂𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄⁂

Aliyah's Pov:

Time flew by like crazy, and it was already December. It was Christmas season, and the common room, along with the entire castle was all decorated beautifully.

The Christmas Ball would be held on the 16th of December before the break starting on the 19th of December until the 6th of January. Meaning, Matt and I will be spending Christmas, our birthday and New Years all at our Manor.

Now, even if it was already December 13, I still didn't have a date, nor a dress.

"I just wont go" i said for the millionth time, sulking in my desk chair

"I'll find you someone, I promise" Pansy chuckled, putting her jewelry on for her and Blaise's date. "It's so hard being single. You're lucky you have Blaise" i sighed

"I swear, you are going to get a boyfriend sooner or later, just be patient"
"Say that to yourself" i mumbled. She scoffed jokingly and threw a pillow at me. "Anyways, I'm leaving, love you"

"See you". She shut the door and left. God, I want to be taken so bad.

I soon got bored, and considering it was an off day tomorrow and after tomorrow, I grabbed my headphones and dressed up.

I walked to the Quidditch pitch and got my broom from my locker room. I simply flew around the pitch, going quicker and quicker each lap until I got bored and did flips.

I got so bored to the point I started to roll on the grass. And when I finally got tired, I simply laid there, and looked at the sky. God, what am I doing with my life?

I went back to my locker room and took a shower. Once I got out, I was drying my hair when I got a notification. It was a message from Theodore

...

Theo⁉️:
Hey
Ur still coming to the slug club thing, yeah?
It's in half an hour

...

SHIT! I totally forgot about Slug club thing!

Basically, Professor Slughorn selected a few of his random students to dinner every once in a while. Something about drinking, bonding and new friends.

But anyways, he chose a few people including Theodore and I, who were going to go together as friends.

I quickly dressed up in something nice and met Theodore in the corridor

(The fits for reference:

We walked through the halls until we finally arrived, and sat at the table

We walked through the halls until we finally arrived, and sat at the table. There was Harry Potter, Hermione Granger who newly rejected Cormac McLaggen who was sitting far away from her, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Ginny Weasley, and Blaise wasn't here because of his and Pansy's date.

The whole thing itself was awkward and a bit quiet, but thankfully less quiet than last time.

"Ah, so, Ms. Riddle. I hear your cut is almost healed, yeah?" Professor Slughorn said, nodding to the stitches on the side of my face. It's almost healed and doesn't need a bandage anymore, therefore showing my stitches very visibly, which I can say is not the best sight.

I chuckled "Oh- it was a month ago, so, yes, I'm removing the stitches in a few days"

"Well, another question — for everyone: has anyone got a date to the Christmas Ball?" Hermione asked a bit nervously

Some of them shook their heads no, but some nodded.

"I haven't got anyone to go with either. Nobody's asked me yet"

"Oh- well, I'm sorry" she said. "It's okay, and you know what? I really should get going, I have prefect duties" i stood up "thank you Professor Slughorn, and — goodnight everyone"

I walked back to the dungeons, Theo soon following behind me.

"That had to be one of the most boring 2 hours of our lives" he chuckled, I giggled. "True. So glad we finally got out of there"

We soon heard another set of footsteps from behind us, causing us to turn around. Cormac?
"Oh- hi, what are you doing here?"

"Well, darling I just came to ask" he approached me "you don't have a date to the Ball-"

"Ah- well, I'm not interested, thanks." I tried to continue walking but he grabbed my wrist "look darling, you don't have to try and play hard to get" he chuckled. Eugh, what's with him?!

Before I could say my next sentence, Theo said it for me "Let her go you shithead" he grunted

"Or what" Cormac laughed and turned to me "what is he, your little boyfriend or something?"

"He said to fucking let me go before I kick your balls off" I declared angrily "and he's not my boyfriend"

"Darling, this is an opportunity of a lifetime, and I'd like to see you try-" he wouldn't shut up, so I did it — I kicked him with all my strength, to which he dropped to the floor, groaning in pain

"And don't call me 'darling' " i stormed off towards the common room, Theo following behind with a hand on my shoulder

"Are you alright?" he asked worriedly "i'm fine"

"Are you sure, because-" "I said I'm fine, Theo" I sighed. "Sorry, Goodnight..."
I went into my dorm and closed the door.

"What's wrong?" Daphne sighed as I plopped onto my bed lazily. "Cormac asked me to the ball"

"Oh, but isn't that good?" I tilted her head in confusion "this means you finally have a date"

"Daphne, Cormac is a selfish, arrogant, disrespectful and sexist guy. He would be the last person i'd think of going to the ball with" i groaned

"Why don't you just go with someone as your friend?" "Now that's just awkward"

"Well, you know what? Why don't you just go with Marcus? You know— The quidditch captain" she suggested with a brow

"Exactly, he's the Quidditch captain. Besides, he's got a girlfriend and I don't even see him that way" i chuckled, getting up and changing into pajamas

"Uhm... ooh! What about that one guy who's on your quidditch team. Lucian something" she rubbed her temples

I raised my eyebrows "Lucian Bole?" "Yeah, that one. A bit taller than you, brunette.". I sighed and thought about it "should I? I don't like him like that though"

"Just do it, it'll be fine" Daphne yawned,getting comfortable in her bed "I'm just going to sleep. 'Night"

" 'Night, Daph" I said before sliding my slippers on and stepping out of my room to the dungeon corridors

—————
1060 wc!!
Y'all I got braces and they hurt so bad😭
Anywho, I'll be writing a new chapter tmr
Xoxo
🩷🩶