⁂𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆⁂

Aliyah's Pov:

Theodore and I, just like after every argument we have, are avoiding each other.

I've decided to take a small break from hanging out with the Weasley twins, seeing them only after George's tutoring sessions and maybe once during the weekdays other than that. I just needed a small time of space from them.

I walked out of my History of Magic class, going to my next session which was Care of Magical Creatures, George following behind me. "Hey". he smiled,"Hello, Aliyah"

"What's uhh, up with you and Theodore?" He asked, nodding in the direction of Theodore leaning against a wall and talking to Mattheo. He glanced over to look at me with a slight sort of anger, so I did back

"Things are... fine" I mumbled out, looking back at George as I continued to walk to my class. He chuckled, "If that means 'fine' then I can't imagine what 'not good' is like"

"Well I can, and I'll tell you, it's bad." I rolled my eyes. "Why? Because it's happened before? Why do you keep fighting with him anyways?"

"I don't know, George. I don't know, but I want it to stop. How? That is something I don't know" I ranted. "Calm down. Anyways, see you later today?"

"Can't, I've got Quidditch. I don't think I'll have the time"

I walked onto the pitch a bit early, immediately starting to fly laps around, Blaise catching up with me. "Hi Blaise", "Hey, Al. Pansy just wanted to let you know that she needs help with her charms homework and I haven't got time after practice to help her. Could you?" He asked. "Oh, yeah, of course, don't worry about it" I nodded, "You're a live saver" he went back to flying next to Theodore.

Mattheo caught up with me "You and Theo work things out yet?", "Nope, we're not even close to that". "Damn..." he sighed. "Why?", "well, I just thought that since you're officially done with tutoring George on Friday, we could all go out for a night picnic. You know, us and the group"

I raised my eyebrows "Oh? It's fine, I'll still be there". He looked taken aback "Really? Good, then I'll just send the info on the group chat", I nodded.

I stormed back to my dorm, angry after Adrian 'accidentally' hit me with a bludger in the ribs. I got in the shower as fast as I could, hoping the hot water would help blow off some steam instead of getting mad at someone and starting a fight.

Theodore, without a word, walked into the shower as well, his probably being broken again for the millionth time. It was basically normal at this point.

We said nothing the entire time, not even to ourselves. Not a single peep. The only
noises evident being the dropping water and sounds of our breathing.

I began to dress up, of course drying my hair after. Theo was still dressing up, "We need to talk" he stood up to put on his shirt. "...about?" I spoke quietly

"About this — us." He turned me around to face him. "We can't always keep fighting like this all the time". "But...at the end of the day, don't we stay good friends?" I raised a brow

He sighed "Yes", "Then we don't really need to talk" I alluded. "Without talking about it, it'll never get solved, Al."

"Look, Aliyah, maybe this means we just need to make things a bit different between us some way. I don't know how nor why, but we have to" He walked over to me and stood right in front of me.

"Make things different?", "Yeah"

...

"That doesn't really make much sense" I crossed my arms. "I know... but maybe we just need something for this friendship. I don't want to keep emotionally leaving you, Al. I love the bond we have, and I just don't want to loose it" he held my hand

I gulped. I felt a little unusual tingly feeling in my stomach "I like the bond we have too, but there's something wrong if we keep fighting. And I know I should work on myself as well, but... you're a jealous person, Theo" I stammered

"Tesoro, I'm not jealous. I simply warn you about things you should look out for. I'm caring for you" he stared into my eyes, and God.

"I know, but sometimes you go a bit overboard. You have to understand that you can't protect me from everything, or else how will I learn from my mistakes?"

He sighed "I know. I know I can be a bit intense sometimes, but... I just really care for you, and I don't know why..." his voice faded to a whisper

He urged a bit closer. I felt my heart beating faster, but in a good way. Our faces were inches apart and the sound of our heavy breathing filled the room.

He pushed a strand of hair out of my face. "I just want you to be safe... and not hurt..." he murmured with a soft smile on those pretty pink lips of his...
wait, what?

A knock was heard on the door causing us both to turn our heads and spot George walking in. Theodore immediately stepped away from me in awkwardness.

"Aliyah, I know you said you wouldn't have the time, so Fred said it'd be a good idea if you simply sat with us for dinner" George chuckled. "Uhm, yeah, of course" I sputtered. "Great, see you then" he ran out.

There was then that awkward moment of silence between Theo and I. "You know what" I cleared my throat "I'm going to go... goodnight." I walked out as fast as I possibly could.

What in Merlin's name was that? Wandered through my mind, even at dinner. I didn't even realize I wasn't paying attention until George snapped me back into reality, causing me to look up from the table "Yeah?" I said in confusion.

"Aliyah, you've been staring at your food and poking it with your fork for the past ten minutes. Are you alright?" Giggled Fred.

"Oh, I'm fine" i nodded it off, taking a sip of my water. "What's wrong? Talk to us"
"What, like did something happen at Quidditch?" questioned George.

"...yeah, just Quidditch. I felt I could do better, that's all" I smiled. "Oh don't worry about that, Al, I'm sure you're just overthinking it" Fred shook his head.

I turned around to look at the Slytherin table, Theodore staring right at me directly. I felt that weird tingly feeling in the pit of my stomach again and turned away, quickly eating the rest of my food.

"Goodnight, I'm full guys" I immediately stood up and ran out of the great hall, rushing to my dorm room for no absolute reason.

I've been feeling weird and decided it'd be best if I simply went to bed early. It was just lack of sleep, that's all.

—————
1165 wc
Or was it just 'lack of sleep'??🤨
Girl school is giving TOO many tests for me next week😭😭
VOTEE!!!!
🩷🩶