⁂𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐔𝐒⁂

Aliyah's Pov:

"Are you sure you don't want to wear a dress?" Asked Pansy for the millionth time, seeing my outfit. Nothing too fancy ye not too shabby, it's only a party. Green vest, black
dress pants and docs with my hair down.

"Yes, I'm sure" I rolled my eyes with a chuckle. "Leave it go, Pans, she's not going to give up. Her outfit's not even bad", "thank you, Daph!"

Pansy whined, then sighed "fine, whatever suits you". I mumbled a 'thanks' as I looked for my lipgloss which I finally found, putting it on my lips. "Well, I'm going there now, y'know we're already a bit late?"

"Fashionably late babe, so it doesn't really matter" chuckled Pansy. I gave a sarcastic look before touching up my hair and making my way to the common room that was already severely packed.

It looked busy, as if it had way more students than it should've. There were colored lights everywhere, a minibar they set up and a DJ, along with most the people dancing or sitting down for drinks and smoking.

I awkwardly made my way through the crowd, bumping hard into a guy that looked similar to someone I've seen before, yet I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I simply ignored it, muttering an incoherent "thank you" and made my way to the table our group would always sit.

They were sat the table next to it, so I walked by. As I did, I heard a whistle and a laugh. I ignored it, going over to sit next to Enzo, "Hey". "Hi, Theo's just getting himself a drink" he smiled.

And when he did come, he came back with one for himself and one for me, "Hello my lovely lady" he chuckled, handing me a cup containing an alcoholic drink of some sort and sitting next to me.

Theo changed physically over the summer. He was a bit tan, more —grown up you could say?—, his hair grew out, and my god was he taller now. A bit of a big jump from last year; he went from 5'11 to 6'1 in the span of maybe two months and a half, but I wasn't complaining.

I laughed, "what even is this?", "White wine, I know you don't like directly doing firewhiskey". I took a sip of it, and it had nice bitter taste, "It's good" i nodded, placing the cup down.

We all talked, Pansy and Daphne finally joining us a few minutes after. We kept talking and laughing and having a good time, but I kept feeling like someone was maybe watching me or staring at me. I just felt someone's eyes on me, and not in the good way, like Theo does. In the kind of weird, awkward way.

I got up to get myself a second cup of alcohol, feeling someone follow me as I walked up to the bar. "One firewhiskey, please", "of course" says the bartender, pourme the drink in a short glass. "You don't happen to have a boyfriend, do you?" The bartender tries to flirt. I open my mouth to reject him, but someone cut me off. That someone being the same familiar boy I bumped into.

"She's got a boyfriend" the brunette boy says, leaning against the bar table and sipping his drink, "but you don't really want him, do you darling?" He winks.

I scoff, "Excuse me? I very much adore my boyfriend" I grab my cup of firewhiskey, chugging it down out of anger, signaling the bartender for another one. "Who even are you?" I rolled my eyes.

"It's Marcus, love" he laughs. Marcus?! Last year's Quidditch captain??

"Marcus? Never call me love again, number one. — Number two, don't you already have a girlfriend?" I pointed out.