2. THE SEE-THROUGH PORTAL

" Room 14!! Open your door!" The warden shouted at the doorstep. 

As the first light of dawn seeps through the curtains, the boys in the hostel room are in various stages of sleep, wrapped in the tranquility of dreams. Suddenly, the door creaks open, and a beam of authoritative light spills into the room. The coach, a figure of scary discipline and inspiration, strides in with purpose.  

" Raj! Siddharth!! Wake up, you lazy rascals!"

Sid groaned and steps out from his bed, so did Raj. In an instant, the atmosphere transforms from the quiet serenity of sleep to a lively hubbub of activity. Bed sheets are thrown aside, and the room erupts with the hurried shuffling of feet and the rustle of clothing being hastily put on. The boys, still groggy-eyed and tousled from sleep, are propelled into a state of immediate readiness.

The voice of the warden could be heard from other rooms. The football coach for freshers batch glares at the two front men of his team. " Get ready and be in the practice ground in 15."

That's how their day starts....

Today is the first day of their university life of four years. So the university freshers unit has arranged an introductory meeting in the assembly hall of the university. The auditorium is alive with a hum of conversations and laughter as freshers gather, exchanging introductions and sharing their diverse backgrounds. The air is charged with a mix of nervousness and enthusiasm.

Reigns University welcomes you to this vast family of knowledge and growth 

University banners and flags adorn the walls, proudly displaying the institution's colors and emblem. The visual cues create a sense of identity and belonging among the freshers. Faculty members and university staff, clad in academic robes, are present, adding a touch of formality to the occasion. Their presence reinforces the support system available to guide the freshers through their academic endeavors.

The meeting starts with the chancellor's speech, then it moves ahead with department heads welcoming the newcomers. Then it was time for the students to introduce themselves briefly. 

The most fun part of the meeting was when the members of the football team stands for introduction. When they say that they're the part of the team, other boys would shout - that's our boy!

It's almost past afternoon when the meeting got over. Almost 300 students are freshers, one of the biggest welcoming of the university's history. 

Sid was talking with his friends when someone hits his back. " Who the heck...." 

He turns around to find Ishita's roommate Priya ," That's me. Why? I'm a bad luck?"

He looks at Ishita who's standing next to Priya," I was absolutely right. She sells beauty products in her room. So be careful of full crowd in your room on weekends. "

Priya glares at him," I don't. " She looks at Ishita," Tell him if there was any problem."

Ishita shakes her head with a laugh," She doesn't do it anymore. " 

He nods,'' Good for you." 

Suddenly they hear some commotion from inside the assembly hall. A boy, Sid's roommate Deepak runs up to him," Sid, they're messing with Raj. "

He rushed towards the hall with Deepak," Who?" The girls also followed him. 

" Second year boys." 

He cussed under his breathe and runs into the room, to find four senior boys have Raj surrounded. He knows them, they're the 2nd year football team players.