13. Her Constant and Farewell Time

The vast field stretched out in front of them, illuminated by the stadium-like lights stationed at the corners. The cold night air hung still, a silent witness to the emotions that crackled in the quietude. The empty expanse between the boys' and girls' hostels was a canvas for their conversation, a space where they could pour out their feelings without the intrusion of curious onlookers.

The scattered lights cast long shadows on the ground, creating a serene yet slightly eerie ambiance. The hushed whispers of the night were occasionally interrupted by the distant sounds of crickets. The grass beneath their feet crunched softly, the cold earth a stark contrast to the warmth that once enveloped their relationship.

In this silent arena, Siddharth and Ishita stood, ready to unravel the unspoken words and misunderstandings that had strained the fabric of their connection. The field, with its quietude and solitude, became a metaphor for the space they needed to rebuild the bridge that had started to crumble.

He held her shoulders," I'm sorry. I don't know what came to my mind when I said it. I know your intention was pure. Please, forgive me. " 

She sighed," Siddharth Gupta. You're much more  what you rate yourself. I love you.  Do you know why I always felt a bit unease talking about my parents? Because, I want to make a name for myself, outside of the shadow of my parents. Everyone, except you, judged me as the daughter of Raichand Groups. But you loved a bookworm. A silent girl, who doesn't like having people connect to her. But here I am. We're dating since three years. Dreaming a future together. Why would you think that I wasn't sincere about you?" 

His eyes softened," That's why, I'm really sorry."

She narrows her eyes playfully and says," And why would you care about my parents' preference? Are you gonna marry me or them?"

As the words 'marry' slipped from Ishita's lips, Siddharth found himself caught in the unexpected revelation. His eyes widened, he stuttered for response," Wh-What?"

She gasps playfully," What?! You're not gonna marry me?!"

He looks around to make sure no one is near them as she said a bit louder. He hushed her," Of course, I'll marry you." 

Before he could gather his thoughts, she teased him with a sassy smirk, playfully warning him about the consequences of any potential breakup. A mischievous glint sparkled in her eyes as she declared, "You better. Unless, if you dare to date anyone after breaking up with me, I'll hunt you down. Watch out." The threat was delivered with a mix of seriousness and playful banter. 

Siddharth couldn't help but chuckle, acknowledging both the humor and the underlying assurance that she meant what she said ."I'm not breaking up with you," he assured her, his voice a gentle whisper amidst the quiet expanse of the field. "You're scary, but you're also my lucky star." 

Ishita responded with a heartwarming smile, a blend of sweetness and mischief. Unable to resist her charm, Siddharth leaned in and planted a soft peck on her lips.

The sudden sound of a whistle echoed from the boys' hostel balcony, drawing their attention. Siddharth's roommates, who had been discreetly observing the scene, couldn't resist a playful celebration of the couple's rekindled connection. Laughter and cheers accompanied the sound of the whistle, creating a light-hearted moment in the tranquil night. The shared joy of their friends added a touch of camaraderie to the romantic atmosphere, making the night even more memorable for Siddharth and Ishita.

The graduation hall buzzed with a mixture of emotions as students from various streams and courses gathered to bid farewell to their university journey. The air was filled with a sense of accomplishment, nostalgia, and a hint of bittersweet realization that their academic chapter was coming to a close. The hall echoed with laughter, exchanged memories, and the soft hum of conversations.