36. A New Start

The sun lazily streamed through the slightly parted curtains, casting a warm glow on the living room. Ishita and Siddharth sat on the couch, sipping on their morning coffee, surrounded by the memories and remnants of the past.

Ishita, with a determined glint in her eyes, looked around the room, assessing the aged furniture that had witnessed years of stories. Siddharth, sensing her contemplation, set his cup down and turned to her.

"Something on your mind?" he inquired, curious about the introspection that seemed to have captured Ishita.

She smiled, a vision of change forming in her thoughts. "I think it's time we breathe new life into this place, don't you think? A fresh start."

Siddharth nodded, intrigued by the prospect of transformation. "What do you have in mind?"

Ishita grabbed a notebook and pen, her mind already swirling with ideas. "New furniture, for starters. It's time to let go of the old and embrace something vibrant. Purple curtains and covers for Shraddha's room, and light-maroon for ours. What do you think?"

He grinned, appreciating her enthusiasm for injecting color and vitality into their home. "Sounds like a plan. Let's make a list of everything we need and head out for some Sunday shopping."

The furniture store echoed with the subtle sounds of customers exploring various pieces for their homes. Ishita and Siddharth navigated through the aisles, their excitement evident as they envisioned the transformation awaiting their living space.

As they reached the section for bedroom furniture, the couple found themselves standing in front of an array of bed sets, each displaying its own unique charm. Ishita, however, seemed to have a mischievous plan in mind.

A devilish glint sparkled in her eyes as she grabbed Siddharth's hand, pulling him towards a cozy yet practical-looking bed set. Determined to make a playful decision, she gestured for both of them to sit on the bed simultaneously.

With a synchronized thud, they plopped onto the mattress. To Ishita's delight, the bed made a subtle noise. She shook her head disapprovingly, signaling her rejection. Siddharth, growing increasingly perplexed, watched as she repeated the process with a few more beds.

Confused but willing to go along, Siddharth asked, "Why are we not buying that one?" He pointed to a particularly inviting bed set.

Ishita, maintaining her mischievous smirk, replied, "That one made a noise."

Siddharth raised an eyebrow, trying to make sense of her unusual criteria. "If you jump on any bed, it will obviously make noise. Why do we need a noise-canceling bed?"

Ishita chuckled, savoring the playful banter. "We don't want to disturb our neighbors' sleep, do we?"

His confusion lingered for a moment until realization dawned on him. A blush crept up Siddharth's face, and he glanced around to notice two female workers of the shop gasping and swiftly walking away, clearly embarrassed by the unexpected display.

Suppressing his own embarrassment, Siddharth sighed and turned to Ishita. Her mischievous grin persisted, and he couldn't help but smile in response.

Ishita's excitement bubbled up like a child on Christmas morning as the shop manager delivered the news that their new furniture would arrive the next day. However, her eagerness was not to be postponed. She was determined to bring home their newfound treasures immediately.

The manager patiently explained, yet again, that due to the ongoing commitments of the shop workers, same-day delivery was simply not feasible. Siddharth observed the disappointment on Ishita's face and, being the resourceful problem-solver that he was, came up with a plan.