22. Her Warning

The atmosphere outside the emergency station mirrored the urgency that often engulfed the place. Ishita, in her casual attire, had the demeanor of someone on a mission. Her mind was a whirlwind of conflicting emotions, and the echo of the female firefighter's words reverberated in her thoughts.

As she drove towards the station, the city's bustling sounds faded away, giving way to the anticipation that filled her heart. The confident strides she took after finishing her shift at the hospital were a stark contrast to the tumultuous feelings swirling within her.

The possibility of Siddharth's heart wavering haunted her, and she couldn't shake off the nagging doubt. Trusting him was one thing, but the fear of the consequences of her past actions lingered. She vividly remembered the love in Siddharth's eyes six years ago, a love that she left behind, and the repercussions were evident in the emotionless gaze he wore today.

The station loomed ahead, a symbol of both solace and apprehension for Ishita. As she parked her car, she took a moment to collect herself, steeling her resolve to face whatever awaited her inside.

The guard at the entrance of the station recognized Ishita as she approached, and she wasted no time in expressing her intent.

"Can I see Captain Siddharth now?" she inquired, her urgency apparent. 

The guard dutifully relayed the message through his walkie-talkie, "Captain Gupta has a visitor."

However, the response wasn't what Ishita hoped for. The guard looked at her with a tinge of sympathy, "Sorry again, Miss. Captain will be busy in a meeting with officials. So, you can see him tomorrow morning at 7."

Desperation crept into Ishita's voice as she pleaded, "I won't take much time, just a few minutes. I don't have his number, so I can't call him myself. Can you give me his number?"

The guard shook his head, "I only have his walkie-talkie code," leaving Ishita in a state of helplessness.

As she pondered her next move, a black car rolled into the station, catching her attention. To her surprise, it was the same firefighter who harbored feelings for Siddharth. The woman stepped out, exchanged greetings with the guard, and, upon noticing Ishita, furrowed her brows in faint recognition. Dismissing the thought, she walked past Ishita and into the station, leaving a perplexed Ishita standing at the entrance.

Ishita stood at the entrance, witnessing a surprising encounter between Siddharth and the female officer. To her astonishment, Siddharth approached the officer with familiarity and exchanged pleasantries.

"Good evening, General," Siddharth greeted her respectfully.

"Evening, Captain," the officer responded, handing him a paper bag, "From my mom, again." 

She sighed, to which Siddharth chuckled, "Say thank you to her for me."

Ishita couldn't believe her eyes. Not only did the female officer harbor feelings for Siddharth, but it appeared that their connection had extended to family matters as well. A wave of urgency surged through Ishita as she couldn't contain herself and shouted, "Sid! Here! Can I come in?" She frantically waved at him. 

Siddharth, still engaged with the officer, noticed her and replied, "Civilians are not allowed in here." He then resumed walking with the officer in tow. Ishita panicked at the thought that the officer might confess her feelings at any moment.

Taking a deep breath, Ishita yelled at the top of her lungs, "Heyyy! Siddharth Gupta! Don't forget what I warned you. I'll hunt you down if you... if you do THAT!" She emphatically reminded him of the promise she made years ago. "You understood THAT, right? I'm not kidding! I'll hunt you down!" She watched as Siddharth briefly halted, only to continue walking without turning around, leaving Ishita frustrated and yearning for his attention.