Fans to the Rescue

Dear Diary,

Today.

That's all I can describe it as. It's not even only today. It's ever since the day we came out.

Adjectives aren't enough to describe the time since then. Not only was time amazing, shocking, and eventful, it proved many things.

Yes, some fans left us and people took their chance to stab at us with their 'jokes' or 'hate'. Yes, media still swarmed our houses and watched our every move. Yes, fans still argued back and forth.

But after one week of it, Louis and I learned that it'll never stop. Sure, it'll calm down, but it'll never stop. Someone will keep commenting on our relationship with a quick joke. Some news media will watch us and make an article about us. Fans will argue with one another over us, whether it be over a date option or if we belong together or not.

People have different views and we've finally seen that not everyone will support us. But we don't need that. We have our families, friends, and fans.

The fans.

Like I said before, some left us. That hurt, it took awhile for me to take in. I almost felt guilty. Even Louis was feeling down about it. We didn't want our happiness to be the reason the band ends.

Luckily, these thoughts didn't last long.

The fans who stuck by us saw the hate, jokes, fans leaving, and our pain from it.

We were papped leaving my mum's house and we both had hoods up. We were holding hands. You can see the pain on our faces.

We had just read an article on how we were dooming the music industry because we were gay. We were an embarrassment and they felt sorry for the other boys in the band.

Usually hate doesn't get to Louis or I like it did when we were younger, but that struck home. I knew why they hated me and it was because I was finally being me.

Those pictures surfaced almost immediately globally. Fans were upset. They stopped arguing with each other and came together. That same night they suspended the twitter of the article writer and started a petition to get the article taken down.

It reached a total of 987k signatures in only a few hours.

The article was taken down in the same hour the petition had finally reached one million signatures.

They weren't finished there. When the guy had gotten his twitter back they bombarded him with tweets. They were simply asking, or forcefully rather, to apologize.

He did.

We got a twitlonger on how sorry he was and he promised to only write positive things from now on.

The publishers/article he worked for weren't too happy with the black lash. The fans had crashes their website at least six times, having it down for a whole day.

The guy was let go, or fired, from his position on the article. He probably wouldn't ever get another job in journalism.

Even after that, they went after people who were tweeting jokes about us. Other fandoms joined it and called out homophobics all over.

Besides shutting down the haters, they created hashtags and follow parties to show support and connect more each other. Some of the hashtags were amazing and it made me feel a lot better.

One that trended all day was #WeAreStrongForLarry.

I might've cried at that. Okay, I did.

They interpreted our song Strong, which was a song we both loved from midnight memories.