Album Interview

Dear Diary,

Today was... interesting.

We had interview after interview for our new album that's about to release. First radio ones and then group ones. We weren't split off into pairs like usual.

We did do solos one though. I'm going to write it down here. They're fresh in my mind and one still stands out. One my mind won't forget for a long time.

I'll leave that one for the end.

First was my radio interview. I called into LA. The other boys did China, London, Ireland, and Japan. We have more to do - the other parts of the world - that we couldn't reach today.

I called in and the guy was very nice. He said he loved having me on the show. Apparently everyone does!

So he asked about the album and how many songs I had written for it. I told him I wrote Story Of My Life with the others and then the song called Happily.

He asked what it was about and I said it was a surprise. He asked if it was for anyone special and I didn't answer for long time. I looked to management who sat beside me and had given me a look.

I swallowed Louis' name down my throat and just said yes. That earned a glare from management and the guy asked if I a hidden girlfriend and I said no, that the song was about your love being in another relationship after breaking up with you.

Sure, Louis and I didn't want to 'break up', but management decided for us. So, it wasn't that much if a lie.

We said our goodbyes after I sung one line of it. It was the first line: you don't understand, you don't understand.

I'm sure that'll drive the fans crazy!

Next was my solo interview that was captured on video. This was trickier than the first, since they can see my face. My expressions really.

This time management stood off behind the lady who interviewed me, signaling me towards right answers and steering me off ones about Louis and what not.

One day I wish to be able to talk freely about Louis and I in an interview. One day where management can leave our interviews for us to do alone.

My thoughts were right that the same was for Louis.

He didn't look to happy and since we're moving studios for the whole group interview, I wasn't able to comfort him. They made us take separate cars. I rode with Liam.

Liam noticed that I was upset and that I wanted to go with Louis, but didn't say anything. I stared out the window the whole ride, it silent.

When we arrived to the whole group interview, I wasn't able to sit by Louis.

We had walked up to the table and I whispered next to Louis, "Where do you want to sit?"

He barely whispered back to me, "Next to you."

My eyes shot to management and I shrank under their glare. Louis caught my mood shift and looked to me out of the corner of his eyes.

He pressed lips tightly when he noticed management glaring at us. I whispered to him, barely audio for me to hear myself, "You can't."

I'm pretty sure I broke his heart when he heard that because as soon as the words left my mouth, he silently walked over and sat by Zayn on the opposite side.

It went me, Zayn, Louis, Liam, and then Niall.

I tried my best to keep my eyes off Louis, wondering if he was mad at me.

He can't be mad at me right? He knew that management made me say that.

He did know that, right?

After management went over the rules for the interview - what you can and cannot ask - it got under way.

Now this where I won't forget this interview. The lady asked us about 'Larry Stylinson'.

Mine and Louis' ship name.

Louis had already prepared for that question and pretended to look bored about. Zayn and Liam decided to not butt in.

I pretended to look crazed up about the ship. I made myself look I had no idea what she was talking about.

She went on about pictures of us that were made. Ones of us kissing, hugging, holding hands, or ones of us just together.

I was going to reply like I was trained to, but Niall stepped in.

My face read pure shock as he answered cockily, like he knew the whole thing.

Niall had said, "I know, it's crazy right! Watch them have a picture later of Harry's arm around Louis!"

He put his around Louis from where he was and pulled it back adding, "It's crazy! It never ends either."

For some reason, that made me mad. How did he know anything about it? He knew nothing!

After the interview was over, I stormed over to my car, where Niall was shoved into my car instead of Liam.

It was an awkward silence at first. Then he said he was sorry. Did he think that saying sorry was going to be okay?

I didn't answer him until he added shortly after, "I did it because I'm sick of seeing the same answers from you guys. It's horrible to hear and witness. I know my answer wasn't the best but I needed something different. Surely management knows that the fans will start to figure out you're saying the same shit in interviews. I was helping you and Louis. I'm on your side, remember."

I didn't have an answer at first. He was right. The fans would notice sooner or later. Some probably have already.

But with that answer, the interview might never go viral or they might cut it out. I hope not, the fans needed another answer. Even if it will make another fight between the shippers and non-shippers.

It made me think. All I said was thanks to Niall, who got a nasty look from management in the front seat. He ignored them and went on to his phone to tweet. I watched him follow some random people.

I asked, "What are you doing?"

He looked up with a smile and said, "Following some fans!"

I blinked and asked, "You can do that?"

He looked at me and asked, "You're serious? You don't know that the fans love it when you follow them?"

I said immediately, "Of course I do."

He just laughed and followed more saying, "Sure ya do Harold."

I ignored that. When I got back to my flat, the first thing I was going to do was ask Louis to follow fans with me.

Preferably shippers.

Things I Can't:
#2- Sit by Louis in an interview

Love,
H .xx