Chapter 2. Misfits

WARNINGS: Bullying(?), self doubt, eating disorder

Y/N POV
----------------------------
I'm 16, I just started my Junior year in High School.
I still haven't found anyone to fit in with.
I've tried it all, the geeks, the jocks, the art kids, the burnouts, the scene kids, I've even tried the rejects.
The truth is I don't have belong anywhere.
But maybe I do?
Anywhere but here.
Anywhere but there.
Anywhere but everywhere.

Today was different though. Though it only lasted a day, it was possibly the best day of my life:

It started when I went to lunch, nobody tripped me- which was weird because I'm used to that. Seeing how it's been happening since Freshmen year.
As I walked down the lunch tables, the popular kids stared me up and down- which made me feel more comfortable, knowing it's back to normal.
The blonde girl scrunched up her nose at me and I scrunched mine up back as I passed her.

Big. Mistake.

She tripped me, made me fall on my face in the middle of the cafeteria, which caused a roar of laughter from everyone in the huge room.
The laughs felt like they echoed off of the walls and would come to haunt me later like little ghosts.
I scrambled back to my feet and didn't care to grab my tray off of the floor- seeing how I only had some form of green slop on it that I wasn't going to eat anyway.
I walked out of the cafeteria, outside where I was going to sit anyway under the same tree.
When I got there, some fool stole my spot. Some guy wearing all black in the summer- must be one of those emo kids...
Another group I don't fit into.
He looked up at me from a notebook in his lap.
"Oh, I'm sorry. Do you sit here?" He asked, seeming worried.
Damn.
This guy is gorgeous...
But... I didn't recognize him from any of my classes.
"Oh- uh, no it's okay. You can stay, I'll find somewhere else." I murmured awkwardly- even though I probably wouldn't.
"Sit down." He said.
Holy crap, this person wants me to sit with them.
Nobody's ever asked that of me. It's usually, 'ew go away geek, find somewhere else to sit'.
I decided to do as told and I sat next to the guy when he moved a bunch of colored pencils out of my way (hehehehe Way).
"I'm sorry but, who are you?"
"Oh, I'm sorry." He chuckled then smiled at me. "I'm your fill in art teacher while Mrs.Lavington is out today." He smiled and held out his hand for me to shake and I shook it. "My name's Gerar- oh sorry, I'm still getting used to this... It's Mr.Way."
I felt like a geek, but his hand was so warm. I kinda didn't
want to let go...
He's probably in his early 20s, seeing how I mistook him as a student.
"I see why you're the substitute." I murmured
after stealing a quick glance at his drawing.
"So nosey you are." He said sarcastically, making my anxiety sky rocket.
"Sorry."
"It's okay, I was joking." He stated and his attention went back to his paper. "Do you like art?" "Well... It's okay."
"Oh yeah, I forgot I was talking to a teenager. You must hate all of your classes." He said sarcastically, making me smile a bit.
"Well yeah... but art is the most bearable." I stated and he chuckled.
"Oh? Do you draw in your free time or?"
"I do."
"Do have any on you?"
"It's pretty awful." I stated, not really wanted to scare him away with my snake drawing that looks like a noodle.
"Show me yours, I'll show you mine."
He offered and I rolled my tounge my cheek, trying to figure out what to do.
"I draw comics."
And that was the final straw, with that, I slipped my backpack off of my shoulder and opened my bag. "Don't laugh."
"I won't. You better not laugh at my stuff either," He warned. "Or you'll get a big fat F in art class." He added, making me laugh slightly.
I like him.
"Here we go." I murmured to myself when I grabbed my binder from my backpack and I opened it.
I started thumping through the pages of my cringe art, looking for one Mr. Way wouldn't be able to roast me on.
I found it.
It was one of a girl standing between two alleyways. I just really hope he doesn't guess my mental state by it.
"Here." I handed the paper to him and he looked at it and smiled.
"That looks really good." His soft voice said and I tried so FREAKING hard not to blush. I probably lagged a bit tho...
"Where do you get your ideas from?"
"Just uhm... My brain."
"Oh."
"Gimmie yours now." I took mine back and he laughed nervously.
"Okayyyy."
Yeah, he fangirled over his own comic book series which I found kind of adorable...
------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it was so long, there's gonna be a part 2 because I can.
Sorry the pronouns aren't accurate😅