Chapter 30. Honey Suckles (Dad Gee X Reader)

WARNINGS: None :)

Y/N POV
————————————————
I looked up from my IPod to see Dad on the slide and Bandit in his lap.
I couldn't help but giggle when I heard Dad scream when they slid down and Bandit's giggles.

I've been living with my "new" family for the passed 7 months and it's been the best 7 months of my whole life. It's so much better than the orphanage.

"Y/n! Did you see that?!" Dad shouted at me from afar and I nodded, giggling like crazy. He seemed really proud of himself haha.
"Yeah! Great job, Dad!"
"Thanks!" He shouted back happily then looked down at Bandit, out of breath.

I looked back at my iPod and switched the song from Time Of Your Life to 21 Guns.
I'm currently obsessed with Hesitant Alien but I figured I'd take a break from Dad's voice and listen to someone else like Billie Joe. You know, the second best band on the planet beside mcr.

After probably 30 minutes, Dad walked over with Bandit latched to his leg begging him to swing with him more.
"Get your sister to swing with you." He heaved, out of breath and sweating like crazy from the heat.
I put my IPod in my pocket when Bandit walked over to me. "Will you swing with Bandit for a second?" Dad sighed, flopping down on the park bench and I giggled then nodded.

"Yay!" Bandit squealed, grabbing my hand and pulling me over to the swings.
It was only us at the park at the time, she threw herself on what Dad calls "the big girl swing" and started swinging on her stomach.

I got in the swing next to hers and started kicking my legs,
"Y/n?" "Yeah?" I looked at Bandit and she frowned at me.
"Up." She whined, jumping on the swing with her stomach and I bit my lip, trying to figure out what she's saying.
"Uuup!" She whined again and I glanced over at Dad to see if he knew, but he was sprawled out on the park bench asleep.

"You want to get on the swing?" I asked and Bandit nodded vigorously then I got up from my swing and picked her up then placed her on hers.
She almost fell backwards but I grabbed her waist to keep her from doing so.
I let go when she put her hands on the chains keeping the swing up.

She wanted me to push her, so I got behind her and pushed her for a couple minutes until she screeched stop.
"What? Are you hurt?" I asked worried and she shook her head then pointed at a hiking trail.

"You want to go to the hiking trail?"
"What's that?" She asked and I was about to explain- then I realized I'd be explaining something with large words to a 3 year old.
"I can show you." I stated, taking her out of the swing and the second her feet hut the ground- she ran off the playground.

"Fuck." I muttered under my breath and darted off after Bandit down the trail.
I caught up to her rather quickly before she was able to get too deep in the trail.
"You can't run off like that!" I rambled and she didn't seem to care much as she pointed to a bush of yellow flowers.

"What?" I asked and she walked over to it and I followed.
She seemed amazed as she picked one, "Beautiful." She cooed and I tried not to freak out because she's so freaking adorable.

"Oh, those are honeysuckles." I remembered and she furrowed her brows, looking up at me confused.
I knelt down in front of the bush, now closer to Bandit's height. "What?" She asked Innocently, kneeling next to me and I picked off one of the yellow honeysuckles.

"It tastes like honey. That's why it's called a honeysuckle." I informed her, peeling the stem off of the flower and licking it.
She scrunched her nose up, "Ewww!" "No, it's good. Try it." I giggled at her scrunched up face then handed her a flower.

"Try it." I encouraged her and she did then smiled cutely. "It's good, right?" "Yeah! More!" She said demandingly, making me laugh.
"Okay, here." I picked another flower then handed it to her.

"BANDIT AND Y/N WAY!" I heard Dad shout and I froze up and bit my lip nervously, turning my head slowly to see him glaring down at us with his arms crossed and a stern expression on his face.
"H-heyyy Daaad." I smiled nervously, realizing Bandit and I kind of left the playground without telling him where we were going.
"Why didn't you tell me where you were going!?"
"Well you see, Bandit kind of ran off and I followed her." I rambled nervously, doing my hand gestures that I do when I'm nervous.

Dad rolled his tounge in his cheek, glaring down at us, "I- erm... Have a honeysuckle?" I smiled nervously, handing him the one I was originally going to give to Bandit.
"OH HONEYSUCKLES!" He smiled- completely changing his expression as he took the flower.
Making me giggle along with Bandit.

We ended up sitting on the grass and eating like 80% of that honeysuckle bush that day. It was a total blast.
------------------------------------------------------
I need to stop
I have an addiction to this :')