Chapter 29. First Day (Dad Gee X Reader)

WARNINGS: Nothing.

Y/N POV
----------------
I glanced over at the analog clock on my bedside table, it's about 1 so I figured it's time to get up.

I heard racket from downstairs in the kitchen so I assumed they were awake now.
Who?
My new parents, Gerard and Lindsey Way.
They adopted me yesterday and today is technically my first day here with them.

I kicked off the covers and got up, I was dressed in my old pajamas from the orphanage.
They barely fit anymore because I've grown.
I've had them since I was 8 and I'm 13 now so I've obviously gotten bigger.

The rug under my feet was soft, unlike the cold wooden floor at the orphanage.
I looked at the covers and pulled the sheet back, starting to make the bed.

"Hey." I heard Lin- I mean Mom, from the doorway.
I turned around, she was still wearing her pajamas but her hair was tied into it's pigtails.

I smiled awkwardly at her,
"Whatcha doing?" She smiled back warmly, walking over to me.
"I was making the bed." I stated, they always made us Mae our beds at the orphanage, so it took me by surprise when Mom said "You don't have to do that." She shrugged and I was kind of confused.

"We get Gerard to do that. He's our house maid." Mom stated with a smile- making me giggle a bit an she did the same.
She's awesome already haha.

"Speaking of our house maid." She stated, glancing at my bed which I just dropped the covers of.
"He's making pancakes downstairs." She added, looking back at me and I smiled.
"Can I have some?"
"NO!" She shouted and I flinched then she smiled and placed her hand on my shoulder, "I'm sorry sweetheart, I was kidding." She said sympathetically, making me chill out.

"Oh okay."
"You don't have to ask. You're one of us now." She winked, making me so fucking happy.
I finally have a family.
"Come on," She grabbed my arm and pulled me out of my bedroom.

"No Bandit! Don't throw the carrots at me!" I heard Dad from downstairs in the kitchen as Mom and I walked downstairs.

"GERARD HONEY, BANDIT DOESN'T EAT CARROTS!" Mom shouted from the stairs and I heard Dad groan, making us both giggle.
When we reached the kitchen, I noticed Dad standing next to Bandit who was sitting on there kitchen table with her hand in cream carrots.

"Oh, Y/n! You're awake!" Dad smiled when he turned to me and I smiled nervously back.
"You like my apron?" He smirked, displaying it and I nodded, butting my bottom lip to keep me from giggling at it.

"That is fabulous, honey." Mom pecked his cheek quickly, making him smile, then sat next to Bandit at the table and continued to open a can of baby food for her.

"Mom's right, it's fabulous." I smiled and Dad smiled super big and so did Mom. He darted his head at her and she was smiling huge at him the she looked at me.
"What?" I asked nervously, smiling slightly because I must've said something.
"You called me Mom!" Mom smiled at me, making me smile a bit also.
I didn't really ever refer to her as Mom yet, Gerard as Dad but not Lindsey as Mom yet.
Gerard got personally insulted when I called him his name on the car ride to their- I mean, our house yesterday.

"Anyway," Dad butted in, ruining the moment.
"I have 3 kinds of pankcakes." He stated, showing me to the counter next to the stove where there were 3 different white ceramic plates.

"We have blueberry." He said with a French accent, waving his hand over the blueberry pankcake plate formally.

"Chocolate." He said with the same French accent, making me giggle as he waved his hand over the chocolate pancakes as if to display them.

"Then basic, you know, if you're like the basic bitch over there." He nodded his head over to Mom but gladly she didn't notice and was to busy trying to get Bandit to eat peas.
"So, it's your pick." Dad stated proudly, back to his normal New Jersey voice.
I bit my lip nervously, "which do you want me to?" "Whichever you want, sweetheart." He furrowed his brows at me and I looked at him confused.

"Come onnnnn, this is YOUR home too. Just take what you want." He messed up my hair by scratching the top of my head messily- making me giggle a bit.

I ended up getting blueberry pancakes then sitting at the table next to Mom.
"Ugh, Bandit you have to eat something." She whined, her face in her arms as she slumped over the table.
Dad walked over, "You have to pretend it's a Trans Am, Lindsey." He said sarcastically, picking up the plastic baby fork from the container of mushed up baby food.

"Heyyy, Bandit, here comes the Trans Am!" Dad pretended the baby food on the fork was a vehicle and Bandit ate it.
"See? That's how it's-" Dad was inerupted by Bandit spitting it back out on his face and I almost choked on my orange juice.

Mom giggled and surprisingly so did Dad after he gave her a piercing glare and wiped off the baby food from the tip of his nose.

I love these people.
------------------------------------------------------