Chapter 32. Amnesia (Dad Gee X Reader)

WARNINGS: SAD.

Y/N POV
————————————————
I woke up in a hospital bed, all white surrounding me.
I was staring up at the ceiling and I wanted to cover my eyes because it was so bright, but I couldn't because I was so weak.

The last thing I remember was being in the car with Mom and a huge semi truck rammed into us head on.

I pushed myself up in the bed, taking away all of my energy and I noticed Dad sitting in a chair pulled up next to my bed.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" He rambled, looking at me worried and I nodded weakly, leaning back on the headboard of the hospital bed.
"Are you sure you're okay, sweetie?"
"Mhm... Where's Mom?" I asked and his expression completely changed.
He looked absolutely heartbroken, making me absolutely terrified.
"Is she okay?!"
"Y/n-" "IS MOM OKAY?!" "No." He said back, his voice cracking and I looked at him concerned.

"Wh-What do you mean no?"
I asked, my voice cracking as Dad looked like he was about to start crying.
"I-is she... She's not... Dead?"
"No." He muttered, "worse." He said in almost a whisper, making me furrow my brows at him.

"What do you mean worse?"
"She doesn't remember anything."
"What? She- she doesn't remember us?" I asked, starting to feel my eyes gloss over as my heart sank.

"No..."
"What about Bandit?"
"No." He muttered, looking down probably to hide himself crying from me.
I wanted to ask if she'd be okay, if there was anything we could do to help or if the doctors knew of anything. But I didn't want to bug Dad, I mean... Mom doesn't even remember him.
I didn't want to hurt him anymore than he already is, so I didn't ask.

"You're okay though, right?" He asked, looking back up at me with red puffy and glossed over eyes.
I nodded, physically I'm fine. Emotionally no, my Mom doesn't remember me. How could I be fine?

"Are you sure? You got hit pretty bad."
"Yeah I'm sure. When can I go home?" I asked, wanting nothing more than to get out of this hospital and flop down on my bed at home.

"The doctors said they needed to run a couple more scans and that I can take you home tomorrow morning." Dad stated, his voice lighter and he seemed more hopeful now.

I wanted to ask about Mom, but I didn't want Dad to think about it because he'd be sad again. So I just replied with "okay".

"I really want to hug you but I don't wanna break you." He said, making me giggle a bit and for the first time today, I saw him smile faintly.
"Bring it in." I opened my arms and he smiled then stood up and walked over to me and hugged me.

I kept the tip of my nose buried in his shoulder, in hailing his normal scent of fatherly fumes.
He didn't squeeze me super tight like he usually does when we hug- or ruffle my hair. Instead he just hugged me, he was warm despite the fact he was still in a tuxedo from last nights show he had to cancel.

I wrapped my arms around him the best I could then squeezed him super tight then when I let go, I ruffled his orange hair.
"I love you, Dad!" I squealed happily, trying desperately to brighten the mood.

"I love ya too, kiddo." He said with the most lame excuse of happiness in his tone.
I brushed it off though, he was trying to be happy for me and that's all that mattered.

He didn't pull away for awhile, probably about 5 minutes straight we were hugging.
It made me feel better though, about Mom and all.

When he did pull away, I was kinda disappointed...
After about 10 minutes, a doctor waked in. He was dressed in all white and had a clipboard in his hand.
Dad stood up from his seat, looking at the doctor. "So, we have a few tests we'd like to run, just to make sure everything is good before we send you home, okay?" The doctor smiled at me and I nodded.
I'm sure I'm fine, I just want to go home.

I glanced over at Dad as if to see his expression. His expressions say everything really.
"So," The doctor said, making my eyes switch from dad to him.

A few more walked in with needles and stuff, which ngl scared me.
One of the nurses walked next to me and held my arm gently, holding a needle in her hand.
"What's that? What're you doing?" Dad rambled to the nurse and she looked up at him from my arm.

"It's a shot of blood into her vein."
"What? Why does she need that?"
"Because sir, she lost a lot of blood." The nurse signed, seeming slightly frustrated at Dad's protectiveness and whatnot.

The nurse looked back at my arm then held my wrist upright and stabbed me with the needle, making me let out loud wince that was almost a scream.
"Wrong one." The nurse muttered under her breath, sliding the needle out of my skin and Dad looked pissed.

"Okay, I need you to sign there." The doctor took Dad's attention from me to a clipboard.
"What's this for?"

We ended up leaving the hospital in like 5 minutes because the nurse was being abusive and the doctor was trying to get Dad to sign my ridiculous medical papers.