Chapter 31. Ugh, Mom (Gee X Reader)

WARNINGS: None.
Btw, you've been adopted 2 months in this and you're 13.

Y/N POV
————————————————
"Hey, Dad?" I asked nervously, knocking on Dad's office door.
Mom's out with her friends tonight, so I would've asked her...

"Yeah? Come in." He said back and I opened the door and he was in his chair working on a comic panel.
I walked in and he turned and looked at me and smiled.
"Hey, Y/n." "Hiiiiiiiiiiiii." I smiled awkwardly and he looked at me confused.

"Are you okay?"
"Yeaaahhhh, totalllyyyyy." I laughed nervously and he still looked at me confused.
"Can you drive me to Walmart?" "Walmart? What do you need at Walmart?" He asked, his brows furrowed and I laughed nervously again.
"Uhhhhhh, stuff." "Oh." He caught my drift and looked seriously terrified for a minute.
"Your Mom doesn't have any?" "No, I already looked." I replied quickly, wanting this conversation over as quickly as he did.

"Okay, I'll take you." He stated.
"But I'm staying in the car." He said back automatically, and I nodded awkwardly.

After about 20 minutes Dad pulled into the Walmart parking lot.
Bandit was asleep in her car seat in the back, so I had to whisper.
"Dad, can I have 20?"
"Here, just take the whole thing." He took his wallet from his pocket then handed it to me.
"Thanks." I got out of the car, keeping his brown leather wallet in my left hand as I rushed inside the store.

The second I walked in, I ran into the isle where all the pads and stuff are.
There was a huge set up of chocolate in the corner next to the pads.

Good job, product placement guy.

I grabbed a chocolate bar, then decided to get Dad one too because he gets his man periods often also.
I grabbed a box of pads then rushed to the checkout register and got in line.

After about 10 minutes I tried opening the car door but realized Dad was asleep in the drivers seat with the doors locked.
I rolled my eyes then knocked on the window with my knuckles, making him almost choke on a snore and I giggled.

He unlocked the car doors then I got in the passenger seat.
"Did you get everything?" He asked as I handed him his wallet. "Yeah, here. I got you one too." I handed him a chocolate bar from the bag, "Thanks." I said back, strapping my seat belt across my chest.

"Yeah, you're welcome." He smiled at me then started the car up again.
------------------------------------------------------