Chapter 36. Two Hearts In One (Dad Gee X Reader)

WARNINGS:

Y/N POV
————————————————
"D- Dad?" I stammered nervously and he looked at me sadly from Mom's grave.
"Hi, sweetheart." He smiled and his voice was full of sorrow and pain. But he said it so lightly it was almost a whisper.

The fog was in the way so I couldn't see very well, but I was able to make out how sad he looked.
Today was his and Mom's anniversary, well... She died about 6 months ago due to a drunk driver incident. Dad's been broken ever since, it's like he's missing a part of him.

He's always out here at the cemetery, talking to the stone as if it would talk back to him. Telling it he loves it like it'll say it back.
We miss Mom.
A lot. Dad obviously misses her more than me but that doesn't mean I don't miss her.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked me, seeming extremely disappointed in the thought of leaving. I didn't want to shrug, because that would seem like an asshole thing to do.
"Well... Whenever you're ready." I murmured nervously, glancing down at my shoes.

When I looked up from my shoes at him, he was glancing down at the gravestone, looking absolutely heartbroken.
"Dad?"
"Yeah?" He turned and looked at me, his eyes glossy and I felt my heart sink.

I walked over to him, a couple of Autumn leafs crunching under my feet. When I was standing in front of him, he looked at me. His eyes were completely washed over with tears and he looked like he was about to start crying and clinging to Mom's grave.

"I'm sorry." I muttered as I quickly pulled him in a tight hug. He buried the tip of his nose in my shoulder, holding me close as I did the same to him and I started to feel the warmth in the back of my eyes.
I started crying and he did the same, both of us just standing in the cemetery clinging to each other.

"Why the hell?" I heard someone and I pulled away from Dad and looked behind me. He did the same.

"Lindsey?" He asked and Mom was standing in front of us with her hands on her hips giving us the bitch face.
"I TOLD you, Gerard." She sassed, glaring at Dad and I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't hallucinating or anything.

But I wasn't. She was there, right in front of Dad and I. She looked alive, except for the fact that she was slightly translucent... Like a ghost...

"Wh-what?" Dad stammered, then glanced at me nervously as if he thought he was just hallucinating or something.
"Honey, hello?!" Mom said sarcastically, waving her hand in front of his face, making him look back at her and she smiled warmly at him.

"HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY!" She threw her arms around him and he froze up.
I was extremely confused...

Are we seeing Mom's ghost or something? What the hell is going on?

"Lindsey?" "Yeah?" She smiled happily at him, pulling away from the hug which Dad didn't embrace her in.
"You're dead."
"Well hell, no shit!" She said sarcastically then smiled back at him.

"Did you get to join the black parade?" I butted in, ruining the moment but kind of wanting Mom to realize that I'm there too.

She turned from Dad then smiled widely at me, "Y/N!" She practically jumped on me, her arms thrown around my neck.

It felt weird hugging a ghost.
But it also felt nice, because I missed Mom. I missed her a lot, actually...
I wrapped my arms around her and they rested on her cool back.

She was still dressed in the same clothes as just before she left the house and got into the wreak.
Except now her clothes were all ripped and tattered- some burnt.

"I missed you." I murmured, still kind of shooken by what's going on.
"I missed you more, Y/n!" She smiled after pulling away and I looked at her face. As if studying every curve and dip as if I'd never see her again.

"Lindsey, what's going on?" Dad finally asked and Mom looked back at him and smiled even bigger as if possible.
"I came back." She stated, her voice soft as she walked back over to Dad.

His eyes were wide, "What?" "Where's Bandit?" "She's with Mikey." Dad stated and Mom hugged him again, squeezing him super tight.

"I missed you." She murmured, her nose nuzzled in the crook of his neck and I saw the tears start forming in his eyes.

Damnit😭 I love my parents...

"Can y'all not have sex on the grave?" I inerupted when they started making out. They pulled away and Dad glared at me, "Go wait in the car."
"Uughhhhhh"
------------------------------------------------------