Part-1

RILEY'S POV

I'm currently in the O.R doing a heart transplant. It's a complex procedure but when you've done it hundreds of times it almost becomes easier, but it doesn't mean I can give any less attention. My O.R was silent I've my own team for surgeries and they know What will happen if they tried to make a noise.

"Bovie". The nurse passed it. 

"Scalpel". 

"Needle forceps". 

"Cut". Iris Hughes. My second surgeon cut. She is a really capable surgeon. 

After eight hours of long surgery I walked out of O.R. I was on my way to my office. As soon as I reached my office I lay down on my office couch.

A little later I heard someone shaking me. I opened my eyes and realized I fell asleep and now my secretary and best friend was waking me up.

"Ri?" I graoned as I woke up.I was really tired cause I've done two heart transplants in a row. 

"Al please let me sleep for a while". I said."You can sleep but first let's get you home"."That's not necessary I'll just sleep here".she sighed "Are you sure?". "Yeah, you should also go home"."Okay".

Next day

"Ri! Wake up". Here's Al again waking me up. I love sleeping, but I had to wake up so I just did that." When did you get here?" I asked while taking a big yawn and stretching." About an hour ago"."And you didn't wake me up?" she rolled her eyes and said, "I thought of waking you up but then I thought I'll let you sleep for a little while and besides I had to arrange job applications so you could take a look at it". "No" I groaned." Uh! This is the last thing I want to do right now". "Stop whining and get your ass up"

I got up and freshened up. I walked into my closet and got new clothes.

Yeah, I've got a closet in my office. I thought I should have it since I spend so much time here. I decided to wear tight blue jeans and a white buttoned-up shirt, I like to keep my dressing casual I don't like girly clothes they are just not for me.

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Riley Walker. I am a world famous Cardiosurgeon. I also happen to be the director of this hospital that's why Al is up on my ass to go through job applications. I personally choose all the senior surgeons and doctors to ensure that only the best are selected. I'm called cold-hearted because I am. And besides, if I start to laugh with all of my employees then I don't think things can carry on. (A/N: I think this much introduction is enough, for now, you will Know more by time, hope you see my point of view)

I entered my office Al was waiting for me." I got your milkshake and bread". I nodded and started to Eat."You ate?". I asked her."You know I don't like breakfast"."You should it's the most important meal of the day". "Yeah, yeah now look through these job applications," she said while putting a thick file on my desk.

Alice Evans is my best friend as I have already said she is also my secretary she knows everything about me. She is also about 6 years older than me. I met her almost 3 years ago. She was one hell of a pain in the as*. She is extremely nossy and annoyed the hell out of me at the start. But eventually, we got closer.

I sighed as I went over job applications. Suddenly I noticed the name, Alexia Wilson.  I quickly looked over the application and it was her. I just stared at it.

"RI?" she yelled. I jumped up in my chair and glared at her"you gave me a f*cking heart attack". She rolled her eyes. Ignoring me she asked, "I told you to go over job applications not daydream".

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes" I was going over job applications but then...."." then what?" she asked I just handed her the application. She just looked over it in confusion" nothing is standing out except that she changes hospitals every year?". "Al, it's... It's Alexia"." Alexia?" she was confused until it hit her " the Alexia you told us about?" I nodded.

"So, what are you gonna do about it?"

She asked. "I..I don't know".