Part-47

Chapter 47

I called Alice Ring.....

"Riley! Are you okay?" She asked worried.

I'm going to get scolded "yes, I'm okay".

"Where in the world are you? Why weren't you picking up your phone? Do you know how much worried I was?"

"Yeah, I do realize. I'm sorry for that. I'll give you a reasonable explanation once I get there. So, calm down please"

"When are you coming?"  She asked.

"30 mins?"

"Okay" she said and disconnected the call.

"Ella as much as I would like to spend the whole day with you but I can't...."

"You have to go, I get it. But when are we meeting again?" She asked.

"Whenever you want" we exchanged numbers and then I left.

On my way, I made a quick stop home to change clothes.

I reached hospital and went to my office and Alice was already there waiting for me.

"Hey" I said.

"Where were you?" She said skipping all the pleasantries.

"Okay... Don't be mad. I went to bar last night and then ended up at an old friend's house"

"Which friend?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"Don't tell me you had a one night stand again" she added.

"Hey, hey I was at Ella's" I replied.

"Ella! the one Alexia was jealous of"

"Really Riley? You're getting with your ex hookups like it's no big deal"

"Hey, Ella was a good friend to me, hookups happened later on".

She sighed "Are you okay?" My brows furrowed in confusion.

"Alexia told me what happened yesterday" My face darkened at this and "Oh" was all I could say.

"So tell me. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am. Don't worry. Now, let's get to work. Reschedule the surgery I missed today and bring the reports of the patient from VIP room 15.

She kept looking at me for a while but nonetheless nodded and went out.

I spent rest of the day going over files.

I decided to go to terrace to get some fresh air. I was on the terrace when someone walked there. I turned around and it was Dr.Hughes.

"Dr.Hughes " I said. "Dr.Walker, I didn't mean to disturb you. I just came here to get some fresh air" she said.

I nodded. We stood there for a few minutes and then I turned to leave when all of a sudden she grabbed my hand I turned around and look at her with my brows furrowed.

"I love you" she said. I looked at her not knowing how to respond. I didn't thought she would ever confess her feelings.

"I love you and I have for a while a now. So, please give me a chance" she said looking in my eyes.

I stood still there for a few second and said "Dr.Hughes I like someone else. So, I'm afraid I can't be with you"

She nodded and let go of my hand. I was about to leave the terrace when I saw Alexia standing there with her arms crossed. But I just walked out of there and to my office.

Alexia's POV

I walked to Iris "Are you okay?" I asked concerned. "Yeah" she said looking ahead, she tried to keep her voice stable but it shook a little.

All of a sudden she hugged me. I was surprised at first but returned the hug nonetheless. "It's going to be okay" I said.

She pulled back and nodded. Without another word she went downstairs. What should I do? I ran a hand through my hair.

The next few days went uneventfully. One night, I was in my apartment when someone knocked on the door. I opened and Iris was standing there, very much drunk.

I hurried to support her "Iris, why are drunk?" I asked sternly. "Sh...." She said silencing me.

I decided to take her inside first. "Why did she reject me? Am I not good enough?" She asked.

"No, you're way too much good, she's just..." I trailed off. "Let's get you to bed" I said.

I took her to a spare room. Which is practically hers and laid her in bed.

What am I supposed to do in this situation? Here's Iris who likes Riley alot. And there's Riley who's not willing to let me go.

I decided to go to my own room to sleep. I'll deal with her tomorrow.