Part-33

Chapter 33

After spending 3 hours on the case I still couldn't figure which method will be best for it. Ugh, why can't I do it?

Maybe I  should ask Dr.Wilson for help. But will she help? Doesn't matter, if she decides to help me than it's okay but if she doesn't than it's still okay. I won't lose anything. Besides, if you don't ask the answer will always be no.

But I think she will help me.

So I went to Dr.Wilson's office and knocked on the door. "Come in" I went in. She looked at me expectantly.

"Umm.... I... Can you help me?" I asked. "To do what?"

"Umm... To solve this case, I've been trying really hard to find a solution for it but I couldn't. So, will you help me?"

"Do you think I will help you?" She had an unreadable expression on her face. "Yeah, I think so" I said honestly.

"Why?". "What do you mean by why?" I asked confused.

"Why do you think so I'll help?"

"Because you wanted to me to ask you for help"

"Why do you think I wanted that?"

"Because a big part of being productive is to know when to give up, you could've told me the answer but you wanted me to learn this" I said looking in her eyes.

"Come here" she said sitting on the couch. I walked closer and sat beside her, with some distance between us she noticed it but didn't say anything.

"Show me what you've done till now".

I handed her the file I've prepared. "What's the problem?" She asked.

"I can't find the proper way to do this case, all of the methods I've tried cause some sort of complications at some point"

"What about SAVER?" She asked looking at me. "But it's way too much risky".

"But it's also most compatible". "Yeah, but..." "But what?" "Wouldn't it cause complications at later stage?" I asked.

"It will surely cause some. But not more than any other method."

"Yeah" I said.

"But it's banned because of low success rate" I said.

"Not with the consent from family and patient"

"Now get back to work" she said handing me the file. "Okay" I said and went out of Dr.Wilson's office.

At the end of the day, I went to Dr.Wislon's office. "Come in".

"Here" I said putting the file on the desk.

Dr.Wilson looked at me "Why are you still here?" My brows furrow in confusion and I looked at the time. It's 3 in the morning.

I looked at her sheepishly "Well, I was working on this file and didn't notice the time". She smiled at this.

WAIT! Did she actually smiled? "Okay, Go home". I was about to leave but then I thought why is she still here?

"Why are you here?" I asked.

She looked at me raising an eyebrow "I mean it's so late then why are you still here?"

"I have a surgery in the morning. I'd to prepare for it".

"A surgery? Why don't I know about? I mean I'm going to assist you right?" I said.

"No, it's a complicated surgery. Another doctor will assist me".

"Okay, but can I be in the O.R with you just to observe the surgery"

"You can but then you'll get no sleep and you'll start to complain" she said.

"I told you I'm sorry about tha...."

My eyes went to Dr.Wilson and she was looking at me amusedly. "Bitch" I mumbled.

"You curse too much" she said.

"Yeah, I like to curse" she raised an eyebrow at this but didn't said anything else.

"If you really want to be in the O.R than you better study this to know at least basics of what to expect from it"

She said holding a file towards me. I took the file and looked at her. Is she not gonna kiss me? I mean it's the perfect time, it's late and no one is around.

"Do you want anything else?" I snapped out of my thoughts. "N-no, I'll get to work" I said and immediately went out of her office.

What the hell is wrong with me? What was I thinking? Just leave it I thought and went to common room to study the case.

______

What do you guys think will happen now that Riley is actually falling for Alexia?