Part-43

Chapter 43

Riley's POV

(Present time)

Right now, I'm in my office thinking about how am I going to apologize to Alexia. I was in my thoughts when Al walked into my office "Ri" I looked up.

"Ari and Liv are here" she said and they walked in. Ari immediately hugged me and I started to sob. "It's okay" she said calming me down.

After a few minutes, I pulled away and we all sat in silence. "I don't know why you're so much upset. It's not like she cared about your feelings when she raped you" Ari said annoyed.

"Yeah, and you stopped but she didn't" Al said. "Can you guys shut up?" Liv said irritated.

"She's already upset. Why are you reminding her of past? Whatever happened, happened. It's not like anyone can change it" she added.

"But Liv you were not there when that bitch left. Do you have any idea how much she broke Ri when she left?" Ari said.

"Oh, I know. Did you forget how I met Riley? I know how much hurt she was" Liv said angrily.

"Are both of you serious right now? I called you here to help Ri not to argue with each other" Al yelled.

"You know, At this point, I'm really grateful that this office is soundproof" I said trying to smile.

"You know that you don't have to act in front of us, right?" Liv said.

"Yeah, it was childish of us to argue" Ari said.

"And if you really want an advice then just go and apologize. There's nothing else you can do. And like Liv said whatever happened, happened. You can't change it" she added.

I nodded and hugged them all. "I don't know what I'll do without you guys"

"Don't worry, I won't leave you just yet" Ari said seductively.

"And that's our cue to leave" Liv said dragging Ari out. They all left and I was laughing at how much childish they are, but my smile faded.

Al walked in "Al, can you call Alexia?" I asked. "Ri, do you know what time is it? And besides she left. You should also go home and try to rest. Talk to her tomorrow, okay?"

I just nodded and went home. I took a shower and went to bed. I drift to sleep thinking what will happen tommorow?

The Next Day,

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I got ready for the day and went to hospital. I went straight to my office.

"Morning" Al said walking in my office. "Morning". "How are you doing?" She asked.

"Same. But is Alexia here yet?" I asked. "Ri relax and no Alexia hasn't arrived yet"

I nodded "You know you can go over these files while you're waiting for her" she said putting a pile on my desk.

"Okay, but send her in as soon as she arrive"

"Will do" she said walking out.

I sighed and started going over files. About an hour later someone knocked on my office door. "Come in" I said still absorbed in the file.

"You wanted to see me?" I immediately looked up recognizing the voice, it was Alexia.

"Y-yeah" was all I could say. I took a Deep breath, got up from my chair and walked to her.

"I-I wanted to apologize for my behavior yesterday. I don't know what came over me. I-I'm sorry, I…."

She cupped my face and said "Hey, it's okay. I'm Okay"

I nodded and she put some distance between us "But still I shouldn't have…"

She interrupted me "Don't worry. I could've pushed you but I didn't and that was my choice".

I stopped remembering the night I told her the same thing. I sighed.

"Don't think much about it" she said and went out of office.