Part-46

Chapter 46

My eyes burnt with anger and hurt. She looked at me shocked. Suddenly, Iris walked into the office.

"I..." She stopped seeing me in the office. I walked out of the office "Riley..." I heard Alexia say but I kept walking and went to the parking.

I started the car and went out of parking. I reached at the road and tears started to spill. I didn't try to stop them and I cried. I cried my heart out and stopped in front of a bar.

I went in and ordered a drink, "A bottle of scotch" I said to the bartender. "Rough day?" a lady asked. I decided not to say anything.

Bartender put the bottle in front of me and said "Enjoy" I nodded and started to drink. I was half through the bottle when someone took the bottle from in front of me.

"You should stop now" the same girl from earlier said. As I was not in the mood so I decided not to argue, I paid the bill and went out of the bar.

I unlocked the car, I was about to get in when someone said "You should not drive, you're way too much drunk"

I turned around and again it was the girl from earlier, I sighed "Look, I'm not in the mood so please leave me alone"

"If you want, I can drive you to wherever you want" she offered. "No thanks" I said, I was about to get in when she stopped me.

I pushed her away from me "I said leave me alone". She just laughed. I looked at her in confusion.

She got in the car and said "get in". "What the heck is wrong with you?"

"You should get in, it's really cold outside".

It really is cold. I got in and she started the car.

The Next Morning

I woke with the world's worst headache "Why the fuck does it hurt so bad?"

I sat up and looked around. This is not my room or Alice's. I recalled the events from last night and my memory stopped at me getting in my car.

I looked down and realized I'm in a robe. Uh! Did I had a one night stand with the girl from last night? I decided to think about it later and went out of the room.

I reached the kitchen and someone was standing with their back towards me, maybe the girl from last night.

"Excuse me" I said trying to get her attention.

She turned around and I was shocked was an understatement. "Ella?"

"The one and only" she said smiling.

I hugged her and asked "How have you been?"

"Not bad. But the real question is how are you?"

"What do you mean?" I asked confused. "No one finishes half bottle of scotch for no reason"

"Oh, well it's complicated" I said. "So, does it mean, you're in a messed up relationship again?" She asked emphasizing again. After Alexia left she got everything out of me.

"You can say that" I said sighing.

"Tell me about the girl"

"It's Alexia" I said.

"Then it was bound to happe.... What did you just said?"

"It's Alexia" I repeated. "The same Alexia?"

I nodded "How did you even find her?" 

"She applied for a job in my hospital" I replied. "Oh, really?"

"Yeah". "And then?"

"Then I tricked her into signing the same contract she tricked me into signing"

"Woah, tell me everything" she said.

As I was asked, I told her everything and she said "What a bitch! No wonder you were drinking that much"

At this I realized that I'm still in a robe

"Hey, what happened last night?" "What do you mean by what happened?" She teased.

"Oh come on. You know what I mean" I said. "No I don't. Please elaborate"

"Okay, did we had sex last night?" I asked. "Maybe, maybe not"

"Okay, doesn't matter, but can I get coffee? my head is killing me" I said.

She chuckled and went to kitchen "We didn't had sex. You got knocked out in the car. I took off your clothes cuz they smelled really bad. But I can't believe you didn't recognize me"

"Hey, it's not my fault. I mean you are quite different from the last I saw you and I was drunk"

"But still you of all people should have known it's me" she huffed.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry I couldn't recognize you. What do I have to do for you to forgive me?" I asked.

"Let's do what we couldn't last night because you knocked out"

I raised an eyebrow at her "Come on, don't give me that look. It's not like you don't want it" she said handing me the cup.

"As much as I would love to I can't"

"Let me guess Alexia?" I nodded.

"Such a cock blocker" she muttered. "Don't worry, I was just kidding" she added.

"Oh, and someone named Alice called you at least a thousand times"

"Alice?... Oh fuck!"

"What?" She asked.

"I'd surgery at 9 am" I said.

"So, is she like your secretary?" Ella asked.

"Secretary and best friend" I said.

"You really have a habit of mixing work and pleasure" she teased.

I threw a cushion at her said "fuck off"