Part-49

Chapter 49

Riley's POV

The next day, I was in my office trying my best to get some work done. When Alice walked in "Got a new surgery" she said excitedly.

I nodded and she started to explain me whose the surgery is of and other things but I zoned out.

"Riley!" Alice called me. "Huh? Sorry I zoned out" I said. She sighed "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why?" I said faking a smile. "You're not acting like yourself lately.

And with Liv and Ari leaving things have worsened I know I'm not Liv or Ari but know that I'm here for you" she said taking my hand in hers.

"You're important to me as much as Liv and Ari are okay? And I'm perfectly fine. Nothing's wrong with me. Hmm?" I said squeezing her hand.

All of a sudden a knock on my office's door interrupted me. "Come in" I said. And Alexia walked in.

A hurt spread through me at the sight of her. Alice looked between us "I'll see you later" she said and went out of the office.

As soon as Alice left the office, Alexia said "Have you thought about it?"

"About what?" I asked confused. "About getting together with Iris" she said looking straight into my eyes.

I heaved a shaky breath "Look, Alexia I can't do that. You don't want to be with me, it's okay I'll stop pursuing you. But I can't manipulate Iris. I can't become a manipulator that's just not me" I said and got out of my office and went to parking.

I took my car out. And drove it at full speed I stopped near an abandoned alley and cried. I cried my heart out for hours.

After that I drove to Ella's house. I rand the bell and she opened it. "Finally go the time to contact me?"

I just moved close and placed my lips on her. She was shocked but soon started to kiss me back. We pulled away, she closed the door and asked "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am. Just thought that I'll take you up on your offer" I said mischievously.

I know she noticed that I'm hurt but didn't said anything about it "Good, cuz I'm not in the mood to stop" she said grabbing my hand and taking me to her bedroom.

Next day

I woke up with a light weight on my chest. I stayed in the bed not wanting to woke her up. Then after sometime she too woke up. "Morning" she said.

"You too". "Slept well?" She asked. "More than well" I said leaning in for a kiss. We kissed for a while and then pulled apart.

"Now tell me what's wrong?" Ella asked. "Do I really have to?" I said dramatically. "Yeah you have to".

"Okay" I told her what happened and said "I hope you're not mad at me for coming to you"

She cupped my cheek and said "Don't worry, about it. And besides I'm always up for sex with you. Specially now that you've got so much good at it"

"So you mean I wasn't good before?" I asked feigning hurt. "No, that's not what I mean. Back then you were innocent when it came to sex but now you're experienced. So both times had their own fair share of highs"

I nodded and said "Fancy a vacation?"

She raised an eyebrow asking me to eleborate "I'm thinking of going on a vacation to relax my mind. Let's go and have fun?"

"That sounds like heaven. But I can't. I have a job which I just can't leave. I'm not my own boss like you" I nodded and after having breakfast I got home.

I was at my home, packing my things. I decide to take a week's vacation to pull myself together.

And Alice here is trying to figure out why am I doing this all of a sudden.

"Please Alice. Just handle things for a week and then I'll be back. Please?"

I said trying to persuade her. "Okay" she said. I haven't told anyone what happened yesterday and neither she has asked. For which I am very grateful.

I reached the airport and got on the plane.

Alexia's POV

It's been a week since I last saw Riley. She hasn't even once came to hospital in that duration. I want to ask Alice about Riley but I know I shouldn't.

Someone knocked on my office door and I said "Come in" Alice walked into my office.

"Riley told me to give you this file and to tell you that the surgery will be on 5 O'clock

I nodded. Riley's back, I'm relieved to hear that but normally Riley would come into my office whenever she would get a chance, I wonder why she didn't come today.

I started to study the case file. I noticed the time. It's about to be 5 so I went towards the O.R. I went in and noticed everyone was already there waiting for Riley.

She walked in "Let's start" she said and started the surgery. During the whole surgery she didn't even spare me a glance.

After the surgery was complete "Wrap up" was all she said and walked out.

I walked out of O.R and towards the Ward and saw her talking to some interns. One of the interns gave her a flirty smile and she smiled in response. I felt uncomfortable and I left.

I was in my office working on a file.

I was going to submit when I realized I need Director's sign on the papers so, I took the papers and walked towards Riley's office.

I met Alice in hallway, she was also going towards Riley's office. We reached her office and Alice opened the door without knocking.

And both me and Alice were shocked at what we saw. Riley had her tongue down the throat of the intern from earlier.

At noticing our presence both of them pulled away. The girl had a flushed expression on her face, she was about to leave when Riley said "I'll call you, after I deal with this" the girl nodded and left.

My jaw clenched at this "What is it?" Riley asked.

"What the hell was that?" Alice asked angrily.

"Can we talk later after I deal with her?" Riley said pointing towards me.

She nodded. "I need your signature on these" I said handing her papers.

She read all the papers signed them and handed to me, casually. I took the papers. I walked towards the door "Can we talk later? The girl is waiting for me to call her?" Riley said to Alice at this I froze at my place and turned to look at Riley.

"Do you need anything else?" She asked looking at me. "No" I said and walked out of her office.