Part-51

Chapter 51

Alice's POV

The Next Day. I walked into Riley's office and a new girl was standing in her office.

"Riley, who is she?" I asked angrily. She looked at me and turned towards the girl "Wait outside" she said and the girl walked out.

I looked at her waiting for an explanation. "Okay. Ask what do you want to know?" She said giving me her full attention.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked. "Having fun?" She said smiling. "Fun? I'm pretty sure that's not how you used to have fun"

"Well, that was because I still had feelings for Alexia but now I don't" she said casually.

"Oh, so that what it's about. You're ruining your life just because she rejected you" that came off wrong.

"I'm sorry Riley…I" she interrupted me. "It's okay. Don't worry" she said smiling her expression hasn't changed even a little bit. Has she really moved on in just a week?

"Please, act normally" I said. "I am acting normally. You just have never seen me like this before" she said smiling.

"Now get to work. I also need to do some" she said. I nodded "and please send the girl back in" she said.

I sighed and went out. The girl was standing outside. "You can go in" I said to the girl and went to my office.

Yes, I have a personal office. Privilege of being a best friend of your boss. I entered my office and called Ari.

Ring…

She picked up. "Hey, babe. I was just about to call you" Ari said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Oh, come on. I missed you. It's been three days since we have last talked" she said.

"I missed you to but I've called you for something else" I said.

"What is it?" She asked concerned. I love it how she has a 180° change as soon as she see any of us worried.

"It's Riley…." I told her everything that happened after she left.

"Okay, first of all breath" she said.

"Ari, please be serious"  I said.

" I am serious. And as for Riley, it's her way of coping with heart break. Remember, we told you Riley became a player for a year after Alexia left?"

"Yeah?" I said.

"It helps her with the pain. She'll change the girl she has around her every single day. Until, she doesn't think of Alexia ever again"

"Really?" I asked.

"I mean, when you met her she already went through that phase. You know that Liv was the last person she hooked up with. And after that she stopped completely"

"Okay" I said.

An idea came to me and I decided to tease "Ari, aren't you a least bit worried that Ri would make a move on me?" I asked.

She started laughing in answer "what's so funny?" I asked.

"Your question. You know, even if you're the last person on this planet she'll still never make a move on you" she said still laughing.

"How are you so sure?" I asked.

"Cuz I've known her for almost 8 years now. And I can trust her with not only my life but my girlfriend too. I know she would never make a move."

"Your girlfriend?" I asked not believing my ears.

"I'm sorry, is that too soon? If it is don't worry…." I interrupted her.

"No, idiot. It's about time. I love you so much" I said.

"I love you too" she said. " And about Riley you don't have to worry about her she doesn't call just anyone her friend and when she does she would never do anything to hurt you. Why do you think Liv and she never hooked up ever again?"

She said "But are you sure that we should just let her be?"

"No, I didn't said that. I'll be there by tommorow. I have a concert today and I can't cancel it. But I'll cancel the others. Don't worry" she said.

"Alexia hasn't left right?" She asked.

"What do you mean? left what?" I asked confused.

"Nothing. I'll talk to you later. I've got to go now" she said.

"Okay, bye"

"Bye" she said and disconnected the call.

I sighed. I've deal to deal with this new Riley.

I took the files of the new surgery and walked to Riley's office. I was about to open the door without knocking but I decided to do against it and actually knock on the door. Now that I think about it. I've never knocked on the door since my first day.

"Come in" Riley said and I went in. And thanked God that I knocked on the door. Cuz the new girl was still in Riley's office.

"I've got a new surgery for you" I said she nodded. "Okay, who's is it?" She asked I was about to answer but then I said "Can you please send her out as long as I'm in here?" I said annoyed.

She nodded and motioned for the girl to go out and the girl did. "Okay, so now tell me" I explained every detail and she nodded.

"Okay, when will you schedule it?" She asked. "Coming Monday, but is Alexia still the second surgeon of your team?"

"Yeah, why not. As I said, I made her the second surgeon because she's that much good of a surgeon not because of my feelings" she said and I nodded and walked out.