Part-54

Chapter 54

ALEXIA'S POV

Next day,

I went to Riley's office and entered without knocking. She raised an eyebrow at this, but I didn't said anything. I went close to her and placed my lips on hers.

I kissed her with all of the emotions I was feeling. The emotions I was trying hard to bury for so many years.

She held me with her hands on my both arms and she pushed me away. She looked at me coldly and I looked at her confused.

"Can you go outside?" She said turning towards a girl. Whom I didn't notice was even here, till now. The girl nodded and went outside.

My jaw clenched at seeing the girl and knowing why was she here?

Riley turned towards me "What are you doing?" She asked in the tone which could freeze fire. 

"I love you Riley. I love you. And I want to spend the every single moment of my life with you. I can't imagine my life without you. The thought of staying away from you rips my heart to pieces… I" she interrupted me.

"I'm not interested. You can leave" she said turning her attention to the monitor. "What do you mean?" I asked not believing my ears.

"Just what you heard. I'm not interested anymore" she said and I felt like someone stabbed my heart.

I took her hand and said "Riley, I know I hurt you and I am sorry for that. I also know I am late but…" Again she interrupted me.

"You're right. You are way too much late. I've moved on" she said venemously.

"But Riley…" I started she slammed me on to the wall. Even though she's angry she's careful not to hurt me. "My heart is not a fucking toy Alexia. You yourself said that I should forget you and I did. Now, you're trying to get back into my life"

"I know, and I'm sorry that I said that to you. I want to make up for what I did and I would do anything just say it. What can I do to make things better between us?" I asked trying to show her my sincerety.

She looked at me intensely for a few seconds. And just for a moment I thought that she would kiss me. But she let go of me and coldly said "Just go. I'm done with you and that's it. Nothing can make things better between us"

I got close to her and cupped her face with both my hands and said "I know I hurt you and I am sorry for that. You don't have to take me back in your life just like that I'll work hard to prove how sorry I am to hurt you and how sincere I am to be with you." she didn't said anything and kept looking at me emotionlessly.

I let go of her and went out of her office. I went home and cried with a bottle of wine. I fell asleep crying.

Next day

I got up and went to take a shower. After getting ready, I looked in the mirror and my eyes were swollen. But I didn't care and went to hospital.

I went to my office and started to prepare the surgery, I've today with Riley.

After an hour I went to the operation theater and the whole team was there waiting for Riley like always.

She came in and said "Let's start" she didn't even glance at me. The surgery started and as she was performing the surgery, I put my hand on hers positioning it. Everyone was thinking something was actually wrong. Everyone but Riley and I. Both of us knew nothing was wrong with her hand position.

But she didn't said anything and her expression remained unchanged as she continued to perform the surgery.

After the surgery, she went out of O.R and to her office. I went behind her opened her office door without knocking and I felt like I got deja vu.

Riley was kissing a girl, she kept kissing the girl even though I'm sure she heard me coming in.

As she was not stopping so I grabbed the girl and pulled her away from Riley. She didn't seem annoyed as I expected rather she seemed calm, she told the girl to wait outside. The girl went out and she said "What are you doing?"

"The real question is what are you doing? This isn't like you. I know I hurt you and I'm sorry for that but please Don't do this to yourself, to me..."

"If that's all. You can go Dr.Wilson" she said interrupting me and turned to go behind her desk.

I grabbed her hand and she turned around looking at me. A tear fell on my cheek and I said "Riley.... please. If you do not want to forgive me then don't. If you don't want to be with me then don't. But please don't do this to yourself. This is not who you are" I let go of her turning to leave the office. I opened the door and went out.