Part-14

Chapter 14

Riley's POV

After walking out of Dr.Wilson's office and going to the terrace to cool off, I made my way towards the ward to check on patients.

I don't know what to do so might as well work, I thought. So, here I am after making rounds. I went to Dr.Wilson's wondering whether I should knock or not.

She must have noticed me because

"You can come in" a voice came from inside. "Fuck" I cursed under my breath and entered her office.

"I-I made rounds, is there anything else for me to do" what the fuck? Why in the world am I stuttering.

She looked at me blankly and said I can go home for the night. I just nodded and left the office.

After I left Dr.Wilson's office I went to the parking lot started my bike and went to my room. It was past 10 so I took a shower and went to sleep.

*******

The next morning, I woke up at 5 and went jogging, since I finally had time in almost a week. After jogging and going to the gym, and trying to block a certain someone out of my head. I came home took a shower and went into my closet.

(A/N: this is what Riley is wearing today)

After getting ready and eating breakfast I started the bike and went to the hospital. After going to my locker and wearing my white coat. I went to Dr.Wilson's office and knocked at the door.

"Come in" I went inside.

She looked at me and said "You should add more references and  Next time, you make a report write the processes you think are applicable not the ones you think others would agree with",

holding the file towards me to take it.

I was stunned at how sincerely she said that even though she turned the statement into a sarcastic insult but there was sincerity in her voice.

I realized that I must have been staring at her for a while now, cuz she raised her eyebrow at me. I cleared my throat and quickly took the file from her hands while muttering a small  " Thank you".

She just nodded and told me to prepare the O.R. "Who is the second surgeon?" I asked.

Suddenly, she looked at me annoyed "Why do you care?" She asked.

And here she's back, so much for being nice. "So, that I can call the Doctor for you," I said.

"You don't have to worry about that, the Doctor will get there on her own." She said quite annoyed.

Jeez, Women, I was just trying to do my job. But you just have to be a bitch. Nonetheless, I just nodded and went to prepare the O.R.

After preparing O.R I went to call Dr.Wilson. and as usual, I was in the O.R during the surgery. I noticed that there was a different doctor as the second surgeon. I wonder where is Anna.

After surgery, I went to Dr.Wilson's office with her. She went to a shelf and pulled 3 cases before handing them to me. "I want the report by tomorrow morning," she said before turning to her monitor.

I looked at the time and it was already 2 she is giving me only 17 hours to prepare a report on 3 cases is she fucking serious?.

"Don't you think the time is a lot less for me to study all 3 cases by morning, it's not possible even if I don't sleep" I said trying to reason with her.

"It's not my problem. Either do it or you can quit" she said without looking up from the monitor.

I grabbed the file harshly and went out of her office making sure to slam the door on my way.

I went to the common room and started to study the cases. After studying the cases for a long time, I looked at the time it was past 10 and I only started case 2.

I wanted to continue to work, but I was too hungry for that so I went to the cafeteria and took some instant noodles and some coffee.

As I was eating, suddenly Anna sit in the chair in front of me. I jumped cuz I didn't notice her coming.

"Geez woman, you almost gave me a heart attack" she laughed at me.

"I'm serious," I said dramatically.

"Don't worry, I won't let you die today, and not by a heart attack especially".

She said in between laughter.

I just rolled my eyes at her.

"Why are you here at this time?" I asked.

"Nightshift," she said. I nodded.

"And you? Let me guess Alexia?" She asked already convinced.

I nodded "She gave me 3 cases to study within 17 hours," I said irritated

"Damn, that's rough. But I warned you that she will not go easy on you after the stunt you pulled?"

"Yeah, yeah I know but does she have to be that much of a bitch?" I asked.

She just shrugged and I excused myself saying that I need to finish the report.

After that, I returned to study cases.

Hello Doctor जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें