Part-4

Alice walked into my office "Ri, I've got a new surgery for you to do".

" Whose is it?"

"Of the chairman of a big IT company"

"What surgery is it?"

It's pericardiectomy surgery, here are all his test."

I looked at the reports and nodded "When have you adjusted the surgery in my schedule?".

" In a week".

I raised an eyebrow at her. Asking why she scheduled it so much early? cuz my schedule is full for three months.

"He offered 20 million"

I just simply smile and nodded.

(A/N: guys I know that a doctor should not discriminate between his patients but I'm trying to keep the lead character real)

"Tell my team to meet me in the Conference room and also call Alexia"

She just stared at me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Why are you calling Alexia?"

"I want her to be my second surgeon"

"What about Iris?"

"Doctor Hughes will be my third surgeon."

"Ri, don't you think that you're taking it way too far?"

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"I know you have feelings for Alexia but to jeopardize the team just to get her closer to you, don't you think it's too much"

"Al I know what you're worried about but trust me this decision is purely professional she is an amazing surgeon and she has performed this specific surgery a thousand times."

She just nodded and went away.

After 15 minutes Alice informed me that everyone is waiting for me in the conference room.

I entered the conference room and walked to the dais. My eyes met with Alexia's grey eyes. I had to stop myself from starting.

I have not seen her since our encounter in my office, it's been a week. Alice told me that Alexia took charge of the cardiology department and has settled.

She saw me looking and smiled. I was about to smile back but then I realized my team is in the room. So I just started to explain the surgery as I was explaining Alexia suddenly interrupted me.

"Don't you think it'll be better to clamp those two arteries before removing the pericardium?"

The room went dead silent. I kind of expected it but my team didn't.

"Will you explain why it's a better idea?" I asked.

She explained and I couldn't find a single fault with the explanation not that I expected.

"Okay, we'll go with Dr.Wilson's method".

There were murmurs and tension in the room they didn't expect me to go along with it.

" Is there any problem?" I asked it in a low voice that made it clear that my decision is final.

They agreed.

"Dr.Wilson and Dr.Hughes can you stay behind?"

Everyone left and I turned towards the two doctors.

"Dr.Hughes you'll be my third surgeon from now on."

Her jaw clenched I noticed it but didn't say anything."May I ask who is going to be your second surgeon?"

"Dr.Wilson will be my second surgeon." she just nodded and left.

"I am not going to be your second surgeon".

" I didn't ask for your permission Dr.Wilson."

"I'm not going to take Iris's place it's clear that she's upset about it"

"Again, I didn't ask whether you want to be my second surgeon or not, Dr.Wilson I'm your boss, and I expect you to follow my orders not to challenge them, is that clear?" It came off way too much harshly than I meant it to be.

"Why do you want me to be your second surgeon?" She asked.

" I don't think I need to answer that".

She came close to me and said, "you expect me to play along with your bullshit when you can't even care to explain the reason?"

Something inside me clicked and I slammed her into the wall not hardly but not lightly either. She winced in pain. I had both of my hands on either side of her. And I just stared at her from her grey eyes to her plump pink lips. We just kept staring at each other.

Suddenly, Alice walked into the conference room and Alexia pushed me aside and left.

" Why are you here?" I asked calmly.

"Because I was looking for you and Dr.James told me that you're still in the conference room".

Dr.James is the anesthesiologist of my team.

" Well, thanks for coming before I did anything stupid," I said tiredly.

She took my hand while rubbing it she said "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just need some fresh air"

"Okay, let's go".

We went to the rooftop and stayed silent for a while it was a comfortable silence "Why were you looking for me?" I asked.

"Liv and ari are coming this week."