CHAPTER 2

Emily's POV :

I was sitting on the couch in the living room after being the last one to receive the news, as per usual, that Demi is coming home for fuck knows how long. Probably 5 minutes, she can never stay in one place for too long and she's so unreliable for making plans. This is gonna be the longest 5 minutes of my life. Like life doesn't suck enough, my older famous sister who cares about everything and anything more than she cares about me is gonna be here in a matter of hours. I sat on the couch gazing out of the window getting lost in my thoughts. No one knows me. I'm not pretty like Dallas, a good actor like Maddie or a good singer like Demi, making me the socially awkward, untalented and worthless bitch of the family.

*flashback*
I had just woke up from a nightmare sweating and crying unable to get back to sleep. For some reason I found myself walking towards Demi's room. The door was already slightly open, but I knocked anyway. I raised my tiny hand up to the door holding it there for a few seconds. I was scared, scared of what mood Demi would be in tonight, sometimes she's loving and caring and lets me curl up into her and other times she would scream at me to get out. I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard a loud strangled sob coming from the other side of the door. I gently pushed the door open, revealing Demi sitting on the edge of her bed crying into her hands. When I turned the light on, one thing caught my attention. It was one of those sharp thingys from a shaver lying on the floor beside Demi. Demi looked up at me through puffy red eyes and as I turned my gaze away from the sharp thingy on the floor I could see the the anger on her face.
"What do you want brat" she said obviously annoyed
"I-I-I had a nightmare," I said looking down at the floor and playing with my hands
"WELL GUESS WHAT EMILY, WHEN YOU GROW UP LIFE IS A NIGHTMARE, IT'S NOT JUST WHEN YOU GO TO SLEEP. IT'S STILL FUCKING THERE WHEN YOU WAKE UP!" She screamed burying her face in her hands and rocking back and forth. I didn't care that she was annoyed at me, I waddled over to the bed beside Demi and used all my strength to pull myself up on to it. I got there eventually and wrapped my arms around Demi. But she pushed me off, and with so much force I bumped my head off of the wall. She jumped up and ran to the bathroom attached to her bedroom, crying and mumbling 'I can't do this anymore' until she got there. She slammed the door and left me sitting on her bed crying and rubbing my head from the pain.
*End of flashback*

My thoughts were interrupted when the door opened and I heard my family scream with joy. So I'm assuming the favorite child just entered, in which case I just sat there on the couch until everyone had their hugs and hellos. After all the greetings Demi walked into the living room where I am and looked at me smiling, but I didn't care.
"So..." Demi said still looking at me standing there like she expected me to bow down in front of her or something.
"Are you not even gonna give your favorite big sister a hug after she's been away for ages?" She turned smirking at Dallas. No, no I wasn't going to give her a hug considering I don't even think of her as a sister anymore. She's never been there for me, she was always working or partying. That was until she went to rehab, so fuck knows what takes up her time now. I have always been closer to Dal and Maddie. But I never told anyone but Maddie my problems, and when I did she was like 5 so I doubt she understood them let alone remembers them. I looked up at Demi before shaking my head and soon enough that smug smile was wiped off her face as I pushed past her to go up the stairs to my bedroom. When I got there I slammed the door shut and sat against it.

----

A/N So this is the first real chapter, I hope you enjoyed it. If you did please comment and vote. 💛