CHAPTER 14

Emily's POV :

I woke up to the clattering noise of my mom throwing dishes about downstairs. Fuck sake, that's a prime example of how to wake someone up in a bad mood, why can't you do that shit later when everyone's awake?? I turned on the TV in my room and played my songs through Spotify when I checked my phone and seen an Instagram post notification from Demi. I clicked on it and seen she posted a picture of the New York skyline from the plane, ugh I wonder what amazing place she's away exploring now. I wish I was there with her instead of being here, depressed, lying in darkness and dreading school in less than 7 days. Oh my god I can't go back, I'd so much rather be in L.A walking down the Santa Monica Pier with the wind in my hair instead of walking down the dingey school corridors and getting abuse thrown at me left right and center.

"Emily, I'm going to the store do you want anything?" Mom shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

"Ummm salad and more water please."

"Okay, Eddies on a business trip and won't be back until tomorrow, I'll be home in about 2 hours." She shouted before shutting the front door. 2 fuckin hours?? The fuck is she doing for 2 hours? The fridge is full, it's not like she's going for a full food restock. Regardless I left my dark depressing hole of a room and went downstairs to the living room taking my blanket and pillow. I stood burritoed in my blanket at the archway of the living room looking at Madison sitting on the couch.

"Hey, do you wanna watch a movie?" I smiled at her and watched her face light up.

"Popcorn and hot chocolate?" I asked walking into the kitchen.

"With cream and marshmallows pleaasseee!" She smiled. I threw together two hot chocolates and a bowl of popcorn for Maddie and carried it into the living room placing it on the coffee table and sitting next to Maddie.

"Omg Pitch Perfect has just been added to Netflix, do you wanna watch that?" She asked. I nodded and pulled up Netflix on the TV, clicking Pitch Perfect and getting comfy with my blanket. The movie ended and mom still wasn't back, being slightly concerned I text her asking where she was, to which she replied saying she'll be home in half an hour, which wasn't exactly a valid answer to the question but okay. Maddie and I sat watching the Kardashians waiting for Mom to come home for dinner. Today had actually been a pretty decent day, I got the occasional shirtless snap from Max, messages from Zoe and spent the day doing literally nothing, exactly how I wanted it to be. Eventually, moms car pulled up on the drive and the front door opened but she just stayed in the hall.

"Mom, did you get my salad?" I shouted from the living room, too comfy to get up.

"Yeah, I got something else as well, a surprise for both of you actually. Can you come see if you like it?" she asked still standing in the hall out of sight. I internally groaned and rolled my eyes, this house was fucking freezing and I was comfy and cozy where I was sitting, this better be fucking good. Maddie bounced up like the energetic child she is and pulled me off the couch cracking both my knees like the old woman I am, god I wish I could still relate Maddie's bounciness.

"Wait, what if she's gonna jump out and scare us?" I whispered to Maddie

"Ohhhh maybe you're right, I'm scared now" she hesitated.

"Here hold my hand and we'll go together," I said putting my hand out. She grabbed it and we walked slowly towards the hall. Maddie squealed and my jaw hit the floor when we saw it. I have to admit she wasn't lying when she said it was a surprise, a pretty shocking surprise to say the least.