CHAPTER 34

Emily's POV :

My teary eyes skimmed over the article, "side collision," "both drivers male," and "2 young girls" stood out and the lump in my throat grew larger

My teary eyes skimmed over the article, "side collision," "both drivers male," and "2 young girls" stood out and the lump in my throat grew larger. I reached for Max's arm and shook it frantically,

"Max, Max, you drove here right?"

"Yeah, why?" He replied trying to look at my screen.

"Come on, we need to go now." I said standing up and beginning to put shoes on.

"Go where?"

"I don't know, I'll find out in a minute." I slurred handing him his shoes and taking his keys out of his pocket before running downstairs. "We'll be back soon." I shouted into the living room at my mom and Eddie who sat watching the TV. I pressed the button on the key to unlock the car and got in the passengers side. I took my phone out of my pocket to read the article more in depth while I waited on Max.

'The driver of one of the vehicles is believed to have been under the influence when he swerved and smashed into the car in the next lane. At speeds of up to 60 miles per hour, the injuries to the driver and impacted passenger are believed to be very severe. All passengers have been rushed to Parkland Memorial Hospital where they are getting treated for their injuries.'

"Where are we going?" Max asked as he started the engine.

"Parkland Memorial Hospital." I could see out the corner of my eye he was confused but he knew the state I was in and kept the questions to himself.

---

I had read the whole article 3 times over by the time we reached the hospital. I opened the door and briskly walked through to the main reception with Max following close behind.

"Hi I'm here for Chloe White, I'm her sister." I put on a fake slight smile to the woman that sat behind the desk.

"Emily." Max mumbled with a 'what the fuck' undertone while the woman typed shit into her computer.

"Room 93, up the stairs and on your right."

"Thanks." I turned to Max with a pleading look. "Max I'm sorry, I'll explain later. I know what she did was wrong but we were close. Thank you so much though, I love you." I babbled as I hastened towards the stairs leaving him behind. "93, 93, 93" I whispered to myself as I walked down the never-ending corridor. I finally found the door and knocked on it before letting myself in. My heart broke when I saw no one else in there except Chloe, her own mom couldn't even come and visit her. The sight of her poor beaten up face made my heart ache as I walked over to the chair beside her bed and sat down gently holding her hand.

"Hmm?" She mumbled as she woke up slowly.

"Hey." I whispered observing her face. She had massive black and blue bruise that lay across her cheekbone, a broken arm by the looks of it and a bandage around her forehead that had a spot of blood seeping through. She wriggled trying to look at me,