CHAPTER 11

Marissa's POV :

We had just arrived at the theater where Mads was auditioning. Man, I can't wait to see her shine, she's such an amazing actor. Dallas and I were backstage helping Maddie get ready and she seemed ready to go until I looked at her and found her emptying her bag.

"Mads what are you looking for?"

"Have any of you guys seen my shoes?" She replied sounding slightly worried.

"OMG, I think I left them in the house." She continued.

"Okay, well since I'm the only one with a car I'll go to your house and get them" I said grabbing my bag as Dallas threw the house keys at me when I wasn't expecting it, causing me to shit myself and them to land on the floor.

"Wow, nice throw!" I said sarcastically as she giggled. I bent down to pick them up and started walking.

"Don't act like that was my fault, the only thing you can catch is a cold." She mumbled because she was laughing too hard. I looked back sticking the finger up as I ran out the doors. Maddie was performing in exactly 50 minutes now. I unlocked the car and jumped in starting the engine and stepping on it. I took the shortcut to the house and stopped when I got into the driveway. Walking up to the door, I unlocked it letting myself into the house. I took the stairs 2 at a time. Turning the knob to Maddie's room door. I swung the door open only to reveal Emily. Lying sobbing her heart out into her pillow. I guess they had switched rooms since the last time I was here.

"Emily?" I whispered. She looked up at me through puffy bloodshot eyes, seeing me seemed to make her cry harder as she buried her head back into the pillow. I lay down on the bed next to her wrapping my arm around her and pulling her closer.

"I'm so sorry, I couldn't do it." She mumbled into my chest.

"Couldn't do what?" I asked so confused. She shook her head and wrapped her arm around my waist, the occasional tears soaking my shirt as I stroked her hair in attempt to calm her down. I got out my phone and started typing out a text to Demi.

"Marissa I already tried to call her, she ignored it

"Marissa I already tried to call her, she ignored it. She doesn't care, please don't send that. I don't want to boost her ego and make her think I'm obsessed with or need her." She blubbered.

"Emily I know it may seem like she doesn't care but she does, she cares so much and I hope one day you'll let her in because she just wants to help you."

"Yeah, I beg to differ."

"Can you at least tell me what happened?"

"It's nothing, just hate on twitter. There's nothing that can be done about it." She mumbled. I felt like she was lying but then again some of the things people say is just outright disgusting. Maybe she was already having a bad day and that just pushed her to the edge. I pressed send on the text to Demi in hopes she was just busy when she didn't answer Emily's call and pulled up Dallas' contact to phone her.

"Hello?"

"Hey, listen I can't drop the shoes off. Emily isn't feeling good and I can't leave her here on her own." I lied.

"It's fine we got a pair but how are we gonna get home?"

"Uber? or phone Nick, I think he's in town. Surely he'll give you a ride?"

"Okay"

"What time does it end anyway?" I asked, seeing how long I had to get Emily cleaned up.

"4 pm, gotta go, I'll see you soon. Bye!"

"See ya soon."

Just as Dallas ended the call my phone vibrated but this time it was a text from Demi. I looked down at Emily to find her sleeping. Her face stained with mascara and red from tears that burned her skin, she looked so hurt and sad, even when she's sleeping.

I looked down at Em then looked around her room for her phone and seen it lying on her desk

I looked down at Em then looked around her room for her phone and seen it lying on her desk. It was 3 pm, only an hour until Maddie and Dallas came home.

"Em?" I said sitting up as her eyes fluttered open.

"Mhmm." She mumbled hiding her face in my side, shielding her eyes from the sunlight that shone through the window.

"Come on Maddie and Dallas will be home soon. I think you should go for a bath or something, freshen up to make you feel better." I said softly standing up. I got her off the bed and helped her into the bathroom.

"I'll go clean the house and make food." I said leaving her to have her privacy. I started with the bed. Fresh sheets and freshly shaved legs are the best combinations ever. I ripped the sheets off and took them downstairs putting them in the washing machine. I walked back upstairs going to the cupboard and grabbing a new set of bed sheets and covers then made the bed. I went over to her desk and seen her phone lying on top of a blank sheet of paper. Sure enough her phone was off. I finished tidying the room when Em came out in her pj's.

"Hey." I walked over and pulled her into a hug.

"Mar, I can't breathe." She giggled as I loosened my grip.

"Sorry, are you okay?" I asked concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She fake smiled and lied in the space of like, 20 seconds. Unbelievable. I knew she was lying but I wasn't going to push her.

"Have you eaten anything?"

"Yeah, this morning but I'm not hungry right now."

"Okay well I texted Demi and she said she'll FaceTime you as soon as she's free." I said handing her her phone.

"WHAT?!! MARISSA WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! I DON'T NEED HER HELP. I DON'T NEED ANYONE'S HELP." She screamed then stormed out of the room. Wow. What just happened?

---

A/N Please vote and comment if you enjoyed!! 💕