CHAPTER 25

Emily's POV :

I woke up to my mom shouting my name at 7am.

"What!" I shouted back when I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. She burst into my room opening the blinds and stood with her arms crossed staring at me.

"Don't think because you've been suspended the next week is a holiday for you. You'll be doing chores and helping me out as much as I need, get up and go help your sister get ready for school then clean your room." She ordered. I scrunched my face up in confusion, Maddie's 10? She's old enough to get ready by herself.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes knowing this wasn't something to debate over. She walked out probably feeling satisfied with herself as I got up and walked into Maddie's room. The bruise on her face as she slept reminded me that it was probably best mom told me to help Maddie and didn't do it herself, because the truth would've unravelled and that's not what we need right now. I sat on the edge of the bed tucking Maddie's hair behind her ear.

"Hey babygirl, time for school." I smiled as her eyes fluttered open. "Come on we need to cover those bruises."

"Why are you not ready for school?" She furrowed her brow.

"I'm not going today, I feel sick." I replied. "Come on, go for a shower and I'll pick out your clothes." I continued. She got up and went into the bathroom and I picked out her clothes then went to get my makeup from my room and touched up my own bruises before I took it back to Maddie's room. When I got back she was still in the shower so I took my phone out and went on tumblr. My feed had a good few depressing posts that Zoe had reposted, I know that's the whole point in having that kinda page on Tumblr but I've noticed she usually only posts if something's happened and she feels really low, same with me. I went on our chat and started typing a message,

Hey, how are you? - Me

I kept it simple and non confrontational because I know she wouldn't want me to bring it up. I covered Maddie's bruise with 48 hour long lasting foundation then used non smudge waterproof setting spray and I felt I had done a good job. The bruise was practically invisible from all angles. I hugged her and wished her good luck before she headed to school and I went back to bed. I knew my mom would probably swing me for going back to sleep but I was too tired to even care.

---

I woke up and glanced at the clock, 3.15pm. My eyes widened and I jumped out of bed. I'm surprised mom never came in screaming at me to get up, maybe she doesn't know I went back to sleep, after all she did tell me to clean my room. Lets just hope that's what she thought I was doing. I went into the bathroom and checked my bruises, the one on my face is clearing up pretty quickly and the cut on my lip is gone but the big ass bruise on my rib just wasn't for moving. I reapplied makeup before quickly cleaning my room and flopping back onto my bed. I checked my phone to see a text from Chloe, the pretty girl that sits in front of me in Math and complimented my hair.