CHAPTER 26

Emily's POV :

"Suppose mom told you then?" I almost laughed. Yet again she has shown who her favorite child is, I bet Demi didn't even ask and she just told her to get back at me for what I 'done.'

"Yes she fucking told me and I'm not happy about it."

"Yeah I can tell, its written all over your face."

"Emily do I look like I'm fucking laughing at your sarky comments right now. This is serious. To think my own sister would bully someone else after all the issues you've seen me struggle with as a result of bullying. I'm strongly against bullying and you know that! I even have The Lovato Scholarship to help people struggling with things like bullying and I find out my own sister has been one of those people putting others down!" She exclaimed.

"Demi-"

"No Emily. I'm so fucking disappointed in you! You should be ashamed." She hissed before walking out of my room. Tears started forming in my eyes and I got the urge to cut. I've fucked this up big time. I've been trying so so hard to stay clean because I feel like someone will see soon, like Jenna. If she found out she'd make it into the biggest joke ever and I'd get bullied even more. Refusing to give into my demons I pressed Max's contact to FaceTime him. It rang for a second then he answered, his phone obviously lying on the bed because all I could see was the ceiling.

"Hey." I sighed.

"Hey. How's my girl?" He asked. My heart melted and a slight smile grew on my face as it always does when he calls me his girl. The smile quickly faded as the memory of what just happened resurfaced. I stayed quiet and didn't reply to his question, scared my voice would crack.

"Emily?" He asked, the camera still showing the ceiling. His the camera shook as he picked up his phone and showed his face. "Sorry I was getting ready for be-" He began saying as he pulled up the covers on his bed but cut off when he saw my face. "Emily? What's wrong? What happened?" He asked furrowing his brows confused.

"Oh, nothing. Demi and my mom hate me. Usual." I sniffled and smiled despite having tears threatening to spill over. "How was your day?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"No Emily, my day isn't important right now. Talk to me, what happened?" He repeated. I sat in silence for a second not wanting to answer the question when my phone dinged and I looked at the notification. "Who is it?" Max asked obviously seeing the look on my face. I turned my phone to the camera so he read it.

 I turned my phone to the camera so he read it

He looked at me confused. "Did I not tell you?" I asked.

"Tell me what?" He shook his head. I scrolled through our texts, positive that I told him I was suspended for 'bullying.'

"Oh, I thought I did," I said not finding any texts about it. By now the waterworks had calmed down and could actually talk without crying. "Well basically in school I was standing up for someone who was getting picked on and you know how teachers always seem to look at the wrong time and see you as the guilty party?"