CHAPTER 32

Emily's POV :

I woke up with a banging headache, feeling weak and sore. Yesterday was a total haze except Ethan and what he did, that's something I'll never forget. The burning feeling on my neck and the pulsing pain on the inside of my thighs was a constant reminder. I reached over to my bedside table and gasped as I saw the bruises on my wrists from when Ethan had pinned me against the car door. I checked the time to see it was almost 2pm, why has my mom let me sleep so long? I know it's a Saturday and all but it's still weird. I scrolled through my notifications to see a missed call and a text from Max.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed, what have I done this time? I began replying when I realised I literally don't remember anything from after I escaped Ethan's car

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed, what have I done this time? I began replying when I realised I literally don't remember anything from after I escaped Ethan's car. It's as if I blacked out and respawned in my bed. I locked my phone and tossed it on my bed before grabbing my bag. I rummaged around looking for paracetamol to cure my headache when I stumbled across a bag of multi-coloured pills, definitely not the paracetamol I was looking for. I flopped back onto my bed in frustration, how? What? Where? When? Why are these in my bag? Are they the reason I don't remember anything from yesterday? I sat the pills under a notebook in my drawer until I was mentally stable enough to figure out why they were in my bag and what to do with them and most importantly what they are. After throwing an oversized hoodie on and covering my bruises with makeup I put my phone in my pocket and went downstairs to have a look at who was home today. Mom and dad are gone and I know Maddie's at acting class. I walked into the kitchen to see Dallas sitting at the table. I snuck up behind her wrapping my arms around her.

"Heyyy" I smiled. We hardly see Dallas anymore because she's so busy with her own house and work and everything else, but I miss her. She's the only big sister I don't constantly fight with.

"Hey Em," she smiled standing up and turning around then pulling me into a hug. "I've missed you, how are you?"

"I've missed you too and I'm good, how are you?" I replied breathing in her signature Vanilla scent, same as Demi.

"I'm good actually, would be better if I never forgot my charger at home. I'm literally on 6%." She sighed letting go of me.

"I think I have a spare in my room, let me get something to eat then I'll go get it for you."

"Ahh thank you, lifesaver." She kissed my forehead before walking away. I poured myself a small bowl of cereal before sitting at the table and slowly eating it. I'll purge it later, obviously.

---

I walked upstairs and into my room to see Dallas already looking around for the charger. My stomach dropped as I seen her searching around my desk area, where the pills were.

"Dallas!" I shouted nervously. She jumped at my voice as she hadn't seen me come in,

"What's wrong!?"