CHAPTER 18

Demi's POV :

I sat on the sofa scrolling through twitter with a cup of coffee trying to wake myself up for the tiring Monday ahead of me. I think this is the first time Emily hasn't thrown a tantrum and stormed off because I'm leaving, even when she was little she would go in a huff with me. I wonder what's changed, I don't know if it's the promise or maybe she's just glad that I'm going, who knows what goes on in that head of hers? The sound of someone thudding down the stairs knocked me out my thoughts, I looked up to see Emily walking towards me. She sat down beside me and I locked my phone before looking at her with a big smile plastered across my face.

"What are you smiling at?" She giggled putting her shoes on.

"Oh nothing." I smiled even wider.

"Come on Demi tell meeee!" She whined.

"It's nothing I'm just gonna miss your lil face while I'm gone."

"I'm gonna miss you too Demi." Her face saddened.

"Hey it's okay, I'll be back in no time and you can 100% FaceTime me anytime you want to talk about anything. I'll have my phone on me 24/7 cause it's just studio work, no meetings, no interviews and no reasons I shouldn't have my phone with me."

"Sttoooppp, you're making me jealous." She pouted.

"Promise I'll take you out to my apartment in L.A one day and we'll go shopping and get ice cream and everything else." I smiled.

"Pinky promise?" She said raising a pinky, I linked hers with mine and that was it settled.

Emily's POV :

"I better get going before I'm late. I love you and I'll be at the airport waiting for you when you come back, that's if mom actually tells us." We giggled remembering the events of last week. She pulled me into a tight hug then I grabbed my bag and left, walking to school mentally preparing myself for the usual hellish routine, walking around alone, getting picked on by Jenna and her possy, not eating at lunch then going home and crying myself to sleep. Yet another shitty Monday awaited me. Same routine, same shit although I decided on sitting in the park for lunch instead of staying in school.

---

4 periods passed, none of which Jenna was in so I guess you could say my day was decent so far. The bell went for lunch and I left the class and walked outside. I sat on a bench in the middle of a park, quite close to school. I pulled out my phone and started writing a text to Max.

I put my glasses on, pulling a book out of my bag and relaxing on the bench

I put my glasses on, pulling a book out of my bag and relaxing on the bench. I sat reading for half an hour and still didn't get a reply from Max, guess he's busy. I was just getting to a good part of the book when someone sat next to me. I looked up to see Ethan, captain of the soccer team. Your stereotypical jock and my crush since like freshman year, he was by far one of the best looking guys in the school, or at least in my eyes. I looked around waiting for someone to come and meet him but there wasn't anyone around.