CHAPTER 21

Emily's POV :

I explained the whole Ethan kissing me situation to Max and was going to stay the night at his place but he started asking questions about how I get treated in school and shit so I decided to go home. I came up with some shitty excuse that he actually believed. Truth was I was craving the blade, the blood and the feeling. I feel bad for lying to him but feeling of craving numbness and getting what I deserve was so much stronger than the guilt I felt for lying. Max walked me to my house, again asking questions which I wasn't willing to answer because he would hate me if he knew the truth. I kissed him goodbye and assured him that I was fine. I watched him walk away before walking inside. Walking through the hall and checking my face in the mirror, checking to see if the 5 layers of makeup I put on to hide the bruises was still in tact.

"Hey mom." I said as I walked past the kitchen.

"Hey sweetie, could you come here a minute please?" She asked sounding serious, making me scared of what she was going to talk to me about. What if she found out I skipped school? What if she found out that I get bullied and self harm and... Oh my god, I hope she hasn't found out any of that. I turned and walked into the kitchen, my mom greeting me with a hug. I winced in pain as she hugged me a little too tight, putting too much pressure on the bruises on my ribs but she never noticed.

"So you were saying?" I asked trying to speed this up as I was still craving my blade.

"Oh, I just wanted to make sure you were doing okay."

"Yeah of course, why would I not be?"

"I just think you've been locked up in your room a lot lately and you've only started doing that since Demi left. I'm just worried about you sweetie." She kissed my head.

"Don't be mom, I'm fine. There's nothing to worry about." The lies just spilled out of my mouth without even having to think about it. That's so fucked up, I'm so fucked up. No one should be able to lie as easily and convincingly as I just did.

"Okay sweetie. That's all I wanted to ask you." She said. I walked out of the kitchen and the front door burst open making me jump. I looked up to see Eddie.

"Dad!" I shouted running in to his arms. "I haven't seen you all week" I continued.

"I know Em, I missed you." He said kissing my forehead.

"Daddy!" Maddie squealed from behind me running into his arms. He lifted her up and spun her around kissing her cheeks. I miss the days he would do that with me. He probably couldn't lift me anymore because I'm too fat but regardless I still miss it. I walked up the stairs and straight into my en suite bathroom, grabbing my blade and sliding down the door. I lay the blade on my wrist and I felt a vibration in back pocket. I pulled out my phone and unlocked it looking at the text from the notification panel.

 I pulled out my phone and unlocked it looking at the text from the notification panel

I pressed send and my eyes gradually unfocused as I stared at the smiley face I sent. The blood smeared across my wrist and empty feeling in my chest told a whole different story. My eyes focused again as another text from Demi came through.

Why does she have to ask so many questions!? It makes me feel even worse for having to lie to her

The empty feeling in my chest got heavier as I remembered Demi wouldn't be home for another month or so

The empty feeling in my chest got heavier as I remembered Demi wouldn't be home for another month or so. I slid the blade across my wrist, with more force in each line I drew. I kept going until my I felt completely numb. My phone vibrated again disrupting my haze.

I put my phone down and stared at my arm as blood bubbled to the surface

I put my phone down and stared at my arm as blood bubbled to the surface. My demons fell silent as I looked at the scars, they may be silent now but I know it won't last. I cleaned my arm and bandaged it, pulling my sleeve back down then washing my face to remove the mascara filled tears that burned my cheeks. I reapplied foundation over my eye then sprayed it with non smudge waterproof setting spray so it stays on as long as possible. I pulled the door open with my elbow while tying my hair into a ponytail and looked up to see Maddie, standing in the middle of my room staring at me with tears running down her face.

---

A/N Why's Maddie crying??? Hmmm. 🤨

Hope you guys enjoyeddd!! Please vote and comment of you did! 💗

Thank you guys so so much for 100k reads, I never ever thought this story would get so popular so thank you❣️ 🎉

100k reached : 16/03/18