CHAPTER 17

Emily's POV :

(5 day time skip)

I rolled over in bed and unlocked my phone looking at the time, 9 am the screen showed. I groaned, why am I awake so early on a Saturday? I smiled as I realized that I somehow made it through the school week without killing anyone and/or myself. 

---

Demi had planned a day at the park with me but of course, that's only gonna happen if she fucking wakes up. I had already shouted on her twice but she just pulled the duvet up further and rolled over. I walked back to her room after getting ready for the day and surprise! She was still asleep.

"For fucks sake Demi, get your lazy ass out of bed," I said as I did a double take at the bottle on her bedside table. I unscrewed the cap and positioned the bottle over her face. I poured the tiniest drip on her face and she flinched scrunching up her nose and wiping her face but still not waking up. "That's it!" I said as I poured what was left in the bottle over her and sure enough, she was awake now. She bolted up wiping her face. I giggled as I looked at her face. She looked so angry but I knew she wanted to laugh.

"That's it you little shit!" She shouted trying not to laugh. She jumped out of her bed and ran towards me. I sprinted out of her room and down the stairs

"You'll never catch me!" I shouted looking back at her and sticking my tongue out. I ran a lap around the house then into the kitchen trying to catch my breath as I hid behind my mom. "Mom! Save me! She's gonna kill me!!" I exclaimed pointing at Demi who was standing in the doorway.

"Too right I'm gonna kill you! She poured water all over me mom, she deserves what she's gonna get! Just hand her over and no one gets hurt." She smirked. My mom just giggled and continued cutting up fruit.

"Snakery and betrayal from my own mother, you should be ashamed" I shook my head before taking off again. Passed Demi and into the living room where I was tackled to the floor. Demi stood over me laughing then sat on my stomach. Tears rolled down my cheeks from the fit of laughter I was having. She pinned my arms to the floor and started tickling me.

"What was that? Oh yeah, I wouldn't catch you? So much for that. You obviously underestimated me." She said raising an eyebrow and continuing to tickle me.

"Demi stop p-p-please," I said through my fit of laughter.

"Under one condition," She said holding up two fingers.

"Demi that's 2," I said nodding towards her hand. She didn't even try an excuse or try to hide it. She just burst out laughing at herself.

"Okay, so what's your one condition?" I asked finally controlling my laughter

"I'll tell you later, but you have to promise me right now that you'll do it."

"Demiiiii!! That's not fair I could be promising to anything!" I groaned

"It's not anything bad. Promise."

"So why can't you tell me now then?"

"I just can't. Now hurry up and promise if you want me to get off of you."

"Fine, I promise." I sighed. She stood up and pulled me up with her.

"Lemme go get changed then we'll go out. Okay?" She said, I nodded and she ran up the stairs coming back down 20 minutes later.

"Finally, can we go now?" I asked.

"Yup, let's go." We both jumped in Demi's Mercedes, roof down and the wind in our hair. We went to the park around 20 minutes away. We chose this park because it's something we used to do when we were younger so this was like an old tradition. The day flew past, we've laughed and cried but most importantly smiled. We've taken multiple selfies, Demi has had a few fans running up to her asking for pictures and signatures and surprisingly they asked me for a few as well. We've also had dinner, so in other words, I ate half of a salad and shockingly Demi didn't question it. We sat on the grass in silence eating ice cream and watching the sunset.

"Hey, Em?" Demi said crossing her legs into a basket and rotating her body to look at me, so I did the same.

"Hey, Demi." I said mocking her and her randomness, she smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Joking, what were you gonna say?" I continued.

"I'm going to tell you the thing I couldn't tell you earlier." She said sounding nervous. I nodded for her to go on.

"You have to make another promise though, promise you won't get angry and storm away"

"Okayyyy... Two promises in one day? Where is this going, Demi?" I said worriedly.

"I'm sorry Em but I have to go back to L.A to put the final touches on my album and record more songs. Natalie said if I don't then my album won't be released by the end of the year, which is what my team are pushing for." She said quickly like she was ripping off a bandage. I didn't know what to think or what to do. I just ughhh. I wish Demi wasn't famous.

"But the thing I made you promise was that you'll stay strong while I'm away and that you will call or text me if you feel you need to. Okay?" She asked. I nodded, staring at my ice cream thinking about everything and anything.

"You okay Em?" She asked

"Yeah I'm just thinking" I said turning my gaze back to the sunset.

"About what?"

"Nothing"

"Wow, worlds worst liar right here." She said pointing at me. She tickled my ribs and I started laughing then fell into her side.

"Okay now tell me or I'm not letting you go." She said tightening her grip around me.

"Suits me." I shrugged smiling. To be honest there were way too many thoughts spinning in my head to even comprehend never mind vocalise. Of course I wish she wouldn't leave but this way it'll be easier to hide my scars and everything else.

"Well then?" She said and I just shook my head and giggled.

"Nothing? Man, your hard to get things out of." She sighed letting go of me.

"That's why I'm good with other people's secrets." I smirked.

"Now come on lets go home." I said getting up from the grass and wiping my ass to make sure there wasn't any dirt on my jeans. I laughed as Demi did the same thing then we walked back to the car before driving home. I broke the silence in the car .

"So when are you leaving?" I asked.

"I think I'll be gone before you come back from school on Monday" She said strengthening her grip on the steering wheel as if what she just told me was killing her inside. Like she was scared she would hurt my feelings.

"Demi, don't feel guilty, this is your career and it's gonna take up a large portion of your life, I understand that now. You've already taken a week off and you can't do anymore. Trust me Demi I'll be fine" I said.

"I know, I just worry about you though y'know? You're my baby sister and I love you." She said pulling into the driveway.

"I love you too Demi." I smiled as the car came to a stop. She returned the smile as she got out the car then we both went into the house.