CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO

Is this really death..? Why is it so painful..? I feel like I've been hit by twenty broom sticks at once... But I guess this isn't so bad... But, why is it so lonely and dark? I always assumed when you died, you'd see old family and friends, or maybe at least be reborn... But what if I'm not dead at all? Is it possible...? No. It can't be. I lost so much blood. Oh my god! What if I am dead!? I died in his arms! He'll never be able to forgive me! Fuck, I could cry. Wait. I- I am...? I could feel something wet dripping from my eyes. And, when I opened my eyes it was to see a brightly lit hospital wing... I was... At Hogwarts? Alive..? I felt something heavy on my lap, so very gently I sat up. Immediately getting a headache. But when I looked down, it was to see a young boy with platinum blonde hair, sleeping on my lap... My eyes continued to flow with tears as I looked around. Scorpius was asleep on my lap, I was some how alive, my wrist was all healed, and my stomach was heavily bandaged, and when I felt my face, all the cuts were gone. But I had a killer headache, and I had a million questions. I reached my hand out carefully, and ran it lightly through Scorpius's hair. But once my fingers touched the tip of his hair, he sat bolt up right, almost frightened, with his wand out. When those silver eyes met my sapphire, he dropped his wand and just stared at me. "Your awake..." He whispered in disbelief. "I- I am." I choked horsily. I needed water, my throat was beyond dry. Scorpius must have seen this as he quickly poured me a glass and began to help me drink it by holding the glass and tilting my head back for me. Normally I'd object to help... But I wanted to feel his touch... I wanted to know this was real... Once I made a sound letting him know that was enough, he set it down on my bedside table and backed away, looking at me fully. "Your... Your awake..." He whispered again. He looked so worn out... As if he hadn't slept in days... He had put his long blonde hair in a ponytail of sorts, and had heavy bags under his eyes. I nodded my head. "You look tired..." I whispered. He shook his head, "I wouldn't know. Haven't left your side for seven days... No time to look in a mirror, you know..?" He said softly. My eyes widened and my heart stopped for a second. "Seven days." I gasped. He nodded his head. "I thought you had died... You past out right in my arms... Bleeding to death. Once- once things were finished... We took you here. They were able to save you... But.. You almost died! In my arms!" He finished, his eyes glazing all over again with tears. Suddenly, it's like all the energy I lacked days ago, punched me in the gut. "I'm so sorry..." I whispered before I began to sob uncontrollably into my hands. All the fear I've faced, all the torture and pain I've endured, washed over me in cold, rib shaking sobs. I felt a pair of hands grasp my face and pulled me up. Suddenly Scorpius was kissing me, and I was kissing back. I began to memorize everything about the kiss. How his tongue felt, how he tasted, how he smelled. I was never going to take this for granted. I reveled in his touch as the tears continued to pour down my cheeks. "Never fucking do that to me again." He said firmly, pulling away from me finally. We were both gasping for breath. He stepped forward and wiped my tears away. I quickly held his hand on my face with my hand, enjoying the touch of his skin on mine. I closed my eyes blissfully, "I'm never leaving... I promise..." I whispered. When I opened my eyes it was to see him staring at me with a saddened expression. My heart lurched. "Where is everyone else, Scorpius. What happened when I blacked out." He flinched at my question, and when he opened his eyes, they seemed to fill with tears almost instantly... My heart began to beat frantically and I tried to get out of my bed. "Where's my family. Tell me now Scorpius." I said firmly, as I lifted the sheets to step onto the floor. Scorpius quickly ran to my side and forced me back down on the bed. "Rose you aren't well enough to get out of bed-" "WHERES MY FAMILY!?" I bellowed over him, feeling terrified for my life. He stared into my eyes, and didn't say anything. Suddenly I heard a heavy slam, and feet running into the infirmary. "She's awake?" I heard someone yell. I looked behind me to see a large group of people running through the tall oak doors. Leading the line was my mother, following her was Uncle Harry, Harley, Albus, Hugo, Erin, Lily, James, Teddy, Victorie, and the headmistress. Everyone looked awful... As if they had all been crying. But the first thing I had noticed, was my father wasn't in the group of worried family... I looked back at Scorpius with wide eyes. "No...?" I whispered, waiting for him to tell me it isn't true. Waiting for him to tell me not to worry, that he's in the hospital bed next to me, simply injured, but he just stared at me with worried and regretful eyes. "Yes..." He said finally. I didn't say anything. I just stared at him. Everything felt empty. Ronald Weasley was dead... My father was gone...