CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE

My arm was draped over Hugo's shoulder as we walked down the corridor together. "You know, I think I like Erin, he seems really worried about you." I said with a small smirk on my lips. He blushed and shook his head, "I don't know why, I've been a real jerk lately.. I've probably scared him off." He finished with a sigh. I stopped walking, making him stop as well. "Then go apologize you idiot, last I saw him he was in the great hall, picking at his food." He looked hesitant, but then nodded his head, "thanks, we'll talk later right?" He asked, his eyes searching mine, "I promise." I said sternly, nodding my head. I will not let him feel alone again. As I watched Hugo run down the corridor, a tall, and platinum blonde boy turned the same corner, almost getting knocked down by Hugo. Scorpius looked at me with a raised eyebrow, "he's on his way to fix his love life." I said with a smile.

Scorpius nodded his head, and made three quick strides towards me, and I gasped when I was suddenly in his arms. A hand on my neck, and the other in my hair. His body was stiff, but I could feel him holding in tears.. I hugged him around his midsection, and asked if he wanted to go somewhere to talk, he didn't say anything but I knew his answer was yes. He was holding my hand and staring at the ground as we walked outside onto the school grounds, it was chilly and windy outside, and we sat under the tree by the lake. It was a school day, and I knew he did not want to be in the middle of the corridor whenever the bell rang as we would have been enveloped in our classmates. The moment we sat down his head was in my lap and he began to cry.. It broke my heart instantly.. Hearing his sobs, watching his body tremble.. I can only guess he went to see his father, but I don't know yet, so I let him cry in my lap, while I stroked his hair. It was so hard not to cry, but I knew if I did he'd stop immediately to comfort me, and that's not what he needs..

He needs me to be strong, and he needs me to be here for him. It was about ten minutes before his body stopped shaking, and the sobbing subsided. I heard a sniffle every now and then, but now I think he was just hiding his face until the redness and tears went away. Finally when he sat up, his face was a little pink, and his eyes seemed puffy. He coughed and stared out at the lake, not meeting my eyes. I reached my hand out to stroke his hair, he closed his eyes and leaned into my touch. It made me smile.. He grabbed my hand, and started fiddling with my fingers. "So, I went to see my father.." He said quietly. I nodded my head, waiting for him to continue. He stayed quiet, staring intently at my chipped fingernails. "What did you talk about?" I asked calmly, scooting closer and grasping his hand in mine. He shrugged, "we didn't talk long, didn't talk about much actually. Every time he tried to talk about us, as a family, I cut him off and changed the subject to the battle where your dad- um- died." He said awkwardly. My heart skipped a beat at the mention of my father, but I calmed down and focussed on Scorpius.

"Well, you might not improve your relationship much if you keep dwelling on the past." I said quietly, stroking his hand now. He sighed, "it's just hard.. Seeing him? Not hearing him yell and call me horrible things..? I don't know.. I don't remember what it was like to worry about him, and call him my father. I don't remember what it's like to have a father." He said in a whisper, I heard the tears in his voice. I looked at him, and he quickly spun his face away from me, so I touched his check gently, and he slowly turned back to face me, small tears were going down his handsome face. "Give it time Scorpius. You both have been through so much in the last six years, and in time you will figure it out. I promise." I whispered. He nodded his head and whipped his eyes. He took a deep breath, clearing his throat. "Well, I think we need to see the headmistress, we have that even thing to plan, and we need to find out when we go back to regular classes." He said with raised eyebrows. I groaned, "please don't mention class right now. We have so much to catch up on." He stood up and held out his hand to help me up, "let's go, beautiful." I rolled my eyes, but smiled.