CHAPTER EIGHT

Everything was a blur around us. Scorpius and I were pushed together by the force and my lungs felt compressed. That IDIOT! How hard is it to speak CLEARLY! The next second Scorpius and I are doubled over in a fireplace. Soot was everywhere and it was dark and musty. "You utter idiot! You had one job!" I yelled as I got out of the fireplace that was definitely NOT in Diagon Alley. "It's not my fault! I've never traveled by floo powder before!" He said defensively. Scorpius got out of the sooty fireplace and tried to dust himself off, it was pointless. "Where are we anyway?" Scorpius asked in a curious voice. I glared at the rodent. "Oh I don't know. Where ever the BLOODY HELL DIAGON 'LILLY' IS!" I was fuming. Scorpius took a step away from me. "Honestly! It was an accident! You always over react!" He spat back, his pale face turning pink in anger. "I over react?! I'm reacting perfectly normal thank you! And I do NOT over react!" I said crossing my arms. "Don't over react?" Scorpius scoffed. "Last year you almost tore my face off!" He yelled, getting redder in the face. "And I had every right to!" I yelled back. "Who's there!?" We heard a croaky voice say somewhere in the room. I dropped my gaze from Malfoy to look around the store. This was definitely not Diagon Alley. The place looked like a store, dark and dusty. There were dark artifacts along the walls, and in front of me looked like a large black cabinet. "Who's there!" The croaky voice yelled again. I jumped. If I had any common sense at all I would say I was in Knocktern Alley, meaning this would not exactly be a pleasant visit. I turned around to look at Malfoy for help but he was gone! Then I felt A hand circle around my wrist, and before I could scream, clapped a hand over my mouth. Next thing I knew I was in the black cupboard. Then I heard someone whisper in my ear. "Shh it's me Weasley. Shut up before we get caught!" Malfoy and I stayed closed tightly together waiting for the man to do something. We heard footsteps get louder, but they soon faded. We heard a door somewhere in the back of the store close and faintly heard the man say "I didn't see no one in there. You mus' be hearin things." Malfoy loosened his grip around me and removed his hand from my mouth. We sighed heavily. "Do you think it's safe to leave?" Malfoy whispered. "If we move quickly we could get out without being seen." I said. We slowly opened the cupboard and stepped back out into the store. I peered behind a shelf and saw the door. "I don't see anyone." I heard Malfoy whisper. I grabbed onto his wrist and I ran for the door. We pelted out of the store, up the dark alley way, around the corner and kept running until we saw the sunlight that was Diagon Alley. Soon we where out of Knocktern Alley and in the sunny crowded Diagon Alley. We kept running till we got to Ollivanders. Once we got there we stopped and tried to catch our breath. Whenever we did we looked at each other. Malfoy had a weird look on his face as he looked at me. Then he busted out laughing. I raised my eyebrows. "Do you think this is funny?" I said in a tone of disbelief. Malfoy kept laughing, doubled over. I felt my face heat up. Are you serious? "This is not funny Malfoy! We could have gotten in serious trouble! And it's all your fault! Like always!" Malfoy looked at me as he recovered from his laughter. "Are you serious Weasley?" I gave him wide eyes. "Yes I'm serious! What kind of question is that?" He just looked at me and shook his head. "You're unbelievable sometimes." And with those words he stormed off into the crowd of people. I just shook my head. What is up with him? I started running to Florish and Blotts where I hoped Harley would be. When I got there I saw her with her parents. "Rose! There you are!" Harley ran up to me. "Where were you? Your family was freaking out!" I shook my head and waved away her words. "Don't worry, the rodent didn't speak clear enough and we got lost. But we found our way now. Have you seen my family? I need to get my supplies." I started looking around the store. Harley looked a little confused but continued. "Yea, your mom got your books and robes already. She had to run some arons and told me to tell you that you just need to get your quills and paper." I nodded in understanding. "Ok, got it. What about you?" She nodded towards her parents. "I'm going home tomorrow with my parents to get the rest of my supplies. But I'm allowed to go with you today and I'll just use the floo network to go home." Harley's parents waved goodbye as they left the store. "Cool, let's go." Harley and I got my quills and paper, then got ice cream. We saw Scorpius and Albus in the robe shop when we walked past, but I didn't stop to say hi. I was still mad about what Malfoy did. After a couple of hours we decided it was time to return to the Burrow. We went to the Leaky Cauldron and used the floo powder there. Harley and I had the rush of our lungs being compressed, and a hook rapped our mid-section. Then we were back at the Burrow. I expected to see my family, but I didn't expect to see the Minister of Magic standing in my living room, speaking to my Dad and uncle Harry.