CHAPTER TWELVE

The detentions weren't as bad as I thought they would be. Malfoy and I had separate detentions because Mcgonagall thought it would be "safer". Harley was disappointed I couldn't go to Hogsmeid with her, but she said her and Al had hung out so it wasn't that bad. Something great that happened this year was that I got on the Gryffindor Quiditch team. Last year I thought it would be a bad idea all with my dad joining the Auors again but since they haven't spotted Dolohov in over a year I thought I should try out. I wasn't as pleased when I found out Malfoy had made the Slytherin team though. Albus had made the team last year though so he was the Slytherin seeker. Whenever I finally DID get to visit the village it was one of the best days ever. I tried butter beer, got to visit the joke shop, and saw the shrieking shack. Some reason though Malfoy hasn't been starting anything with me. I don't know what's gotten into him, but every time he looks at me with his silver eyes, he looks away with an irritated look. And for some reason it bothered me! So now he's too good to even argue with me? All year was the same, my family went to the Burrow for vacations, and Scorpius stayed with us during the summer, only thing different was Harry and my father where away more often because of work. Scorpius and I didn't have many encounters, it seemed he was trying to avoid me for some reason. I thought he loved starting fights with me, but I guess he's tiered of it? I don't know, but time was flying fast. Somehow, eventually Harley, Scorpius, Albus, and I had found ourselves in our fourth year in Hogwarts. "Miss Weasley, your schedule." Said professor Slughorn the first morning of school, the teachers where passing out our schedules at breakfast. "What do you have first?" Harley asked as she ate her cereal. I looked at my schedule to see I had double potions with the Slytherins. I scrunched up my face in disgust and handed the paper for Harley to read. "That bad eh?" She gave me a sympathetic look and continued to eat. As we continued to eat my brother Hugo came down to breakfast. "Hey Hugo, what's up?" I asked as I ruffled my little brother who was a second year Gryffindors hair. My brother stifled a yawn and mumbled a good morning. He was never a morning person. A small group of people came into the Great Hall at that moment, and with them was Albus and Scorpius. My eyes followed the boys to the Slytherin table. They were in deep conversation, and then as Scorpius sat down he caught my eye. I quickly looked away. Some reason he wasn't talking to me lately, not that it bothered me or anything. It's just curious. Harley had just received her schedule and smiled. "Nice! We got almost every class together! Except your taking care of magical creatures still, while I take Divination. Why are you in the class anyway?" Harley asked. She never understood my love for animals. I shrugged my shoulders. "Why are you taking a class that's based off of stars and theories? Last I checked the stars made shapes and sparkled. They didn't tell me someone's personality." I stated dryly. She shut up. I heard her mumble something like 'I thought you loved all your classes.' I shook my head and grinned. "I do love all my classes. But something's are too far fetched even for magic." I stated. I loved books and learning, but not as much as my mother did. I'm only top of my class because Im eager to prove Malfoy wrong. It aggravates me sometimes if someone tries to compare me to my parents. It's always 'Your mother was a master at ancient runes, it shouldn't be too hard for you.' Or 'your mother was great at potions, you must have picked it up from her!' Well no! Why can't it just be 'Rose is naturally smart'? It gets annoying sometimes. Soon the bell rang and I had to get to the dungeons for double potions. Harley and I grabbed our bags and headed out of the hall. "Have you noticed that Scorpius hasn't started anything with you? It seems odd..." Harley stated more to herself than to me. I shrugged my shoulders. "It's not like it's a bad thing." I stated irritably. I'm not sure why it bugs me, he always got on my nerves when he talked to me, but he's even more annoying when he doesn't argue. "Harley, Rose!" I turned around to see Albus running down the corridor yelling our names, Scorpius running behind him. Harley and I stopped to wait up for him. "Hey!" Albus panted as he caught up with us, Scorpius was behind him breathing heavily. "Quidditch try outs are Friday! Don't forget." Albus said as he finally caught his breath. I rolled my eyes. "Duh Al, why would I forget?" He shrugged his shoulders. "Just making sure, it will be more fun if your on the team, you know, whenever Slytherin kicks Gryffindors arse." Albus said slyly. I rolled my eyes. "Please, You've lost every year to Gryffindor! What makes you think this year will be any different?" I asked crossing my arms, last year Gryffindor destroyed the Slytherins. It was one of the best days ever, 260-20. Harley was bored of the conversation so she was looking at her nails, and Scorpius was leaning against the wall cooly, his arms crossed. "It's a new year Rosie, you never know." Albus said with a shrug. "Whatever you say Al, but we are still going to crush you." I said in a matter of fact tone. I heard someone chuckle and looked over to see Malfoy shaking his head laughing. I raised my eye brows at him. "Something funny?" I asked as I walked closer towards Malfoy. Over the years he had developed height. He had to be at least 5'8, it made me feel short, only being 5'2 and all. Malfoy shook his head still grinning. "Of 'course' not." He said sarcastically as he straightened up off the wall to look down on me. "I just find it entertaining how you think your going to win is all." He said narrowing his eyes dangerously at me, still smirking. Albus and Harley where paying very close attention to us now, I think over the years they have learned whenever me and Malfoy have a conversation they need to supervise incase one of us attacks the other. "And what's THAT suppose to mean." I said slowly as I narrowed my eyes at the platinum blonde hair rodent in front of me. "It means, that by the time the game is over, Slytherin is going to be sweeping you Gryffindors off the field with our brooms." He said taking a step closer, as if challenging me. "Care to make a little wager Malfoy?" I growled dangerously. He narrowed his eyes at me to slits. His silver eyes, like a knife with his piercing stare. I smirked. "What's wrong Malfoy? Scared?" We were almost nose to nose, glaring at each other. "You wish." He muttered. "If Gryffindor wins the first match, YOU have to go into the great hall for breakfast the next morning in nothing except a pair of rainbow boxers." I said with a smirk. "Fine. If Slytherin win the first match, YOU have to go ALL day wearing a Slytherin sweater." Malfoy said crossing his arms with a proud smirk on his face. I gawked at him. "That's the best you could think of is it?" I asked with a hint of laughter in my voice. "Imagine what the school is going to think. Rose Weasley, a proud Gryffindor wearing a Slytherin sweater? Is she dating a Slytherin? How could she do this to her team after they just lost?" He said in a mocking voice. My smile faded a little. But I quickly smirked back at him, "I won't have to worry, Gryffindor is going to win." I said proudly. "If you say so." He said in a dream like voice, and with that Malfoy turned on his heal and headed for the dungeons. "You need to win Rose, unless you want to have all of Gryffindor bite your head off." Harley said as she stared after Scorpius and Albus. I shook my head, "Trust me, I'm not worried. Now let's get to class." And Harley and I ran down the corridor and made it just before the bell rang.