CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE

It was a cold, windy Friday morning when I woke up in my four poster bed. I was in my bedroom, and next to me was Harley. She spent the night so we could talk more. It felt surreal, being at Hogwarts, feeling almost safe.. I got out of bed and looked out my window to see the black lake. The dark canvas had been painted over with bright colors of red, orange and yellow. The trees were naked, and you could see few people studying outside, or meeting before classes start, due to the chill that was now in the air from Autumn finally arriving, bringing its beautiful colors with it. I didn't start going back to class until Monday, and my extra credit class doesn't start until the next Saturday. Meaning, I need to suck it up and take Scorpius's advice, and owl my mother.. I looked at my watch to see it was 7:00 o'clock in the morning, and Harley was still asleep! So being the great friend I am, I threw my pillow at her to make her wake up. I heard a loud sigh of frustration come from under the sheets. "I respond better to gentle wake up calls!" She hissed, annoyed. We were up really late, so she's sleepier than usual. "You have one hour before classes start, and you take forever to get ready." I said casually as I rummaged through my desks for parchment and quill, planning to start my letter to my mother.

"Shit! It's 7:00!" I heard her whisper. I looked behind me to see her rush past me and down the stairs she went. I rolled my eyes and abandoned the blank parchment, deciding to start it later. I followed Harley downstairs. I was surprised when Albus was sitting in the couch, and next to him was Scorpius. His long hair was disheveled and sticking up in every way possible. His silver eyes had a peaceful shine in them, something I haven't seen in what feels like forever. They were both laughing and talking, and it actually seemed as if everything was normal.. For the first time in six years everything seemed so normal.. I leaned against the doorway of the stairs to my room, and watched the two best friends discuss how excited they were for quidditch season to start, and it almost brought tears to my eyes.. Hearing his laugh, seeing him look healthier than the day on the train.. But my presence was noticed. The both looked over to see my standing in the doorway, and smiled. "Morning Rosie!" Albus called, waving me over to sit with them. But Scorpius just smiled. "You look beautiful when you just wake up." He said quietly. I could feel my cheeks burning. Albus looked from Scorpius to me, and shook his head. "Ew." He said simply, getting up. "Um, where's Harley?" I asked, trying to make Albus feel less awkward. "She ran into the bathroom to get ready. She's always running late, that one." He said shaking his head, a small smile on the corner of his lips. Albus was already dressed for class. Albus had walked over to the window to stare outside. I took my seat next to Scorpius, who wrapped his arm around me immediately. I rested my head on his strong shoulder. I loved breathing in his smell, it felt so comforting having him so close. "It looks freezing outside." I heard Albus say casually. "No, it looks like decent weather, and you're just a big baby when it comes to the cold." Scorpius replied. We both laughed, it felt so good to laugh..

About half an hour later Harley finally gets out of the bathroom. "Okay, I am ready for breakfast!" She said cheerfully, kissing Albus on the cheek. "Great for you, but some of us still need to get ready." I said shaking my head at her. She blushed and glared at me, lovingly. "Well, me and Albus will let you get ready, meet us in the great hall when you're done!" She called out as she dragged Albus out of our common room, and gave me a wink before shutting the door. And almost immediately I felt his arms wrap around my waist. He pulled my onto his lap and kissed my cheek. And then he just held me.. It felt so nice being held.. "Come on, Scorpius. We have to get ready if we are going to make Breakfast." I said, giving him a soft kiss on his forehead. I stood up from his lap, reluctantly, and began to make my way to the bathroom. And then his arms were on my waist again. "And who said you, get to use the bathroom first?" He said, pulling me closer to him. I laughed, "um, I believe I decided, thank you very much." I said as I tried to wiggle out of his grasp. "But what if I want to use it first?" He said in his best pouty voice. "Then I guess it just sucks to be you." I said simply, with a smirk. His hands tightened, and I felt him move my hair to the side as he got closer to my ear. "Well that's not very nice, Weasley." He whispered softly. I blushed brightly and felt my body heat up all over. He kissed my neck softly, as one of his hands began to roam away from my waist. "Why don't we just shower together?" He asked softly. My face was completely red, I can already tell. I wiggled out of his grasp and moved away, feeling very embarrassed for some reason.

"Uh- m- I'm gunna get in the show- shower, and I'll be out soon." I finished quickly, running into the bathroom and shutting the door quickly. I sighed quietly, dropping my face in my hands. I am the least sexy thing to ever walk this earth as of today. I turned on the shower and groaned loudly. I must have made him feel so uncomfortable with my reaction. He was being so- so- well, sexy. Which is something I have no idea how to be. I feel like an idiot. I wanted to play along, but, ugh, I'm an idiot. I quickly got out of the shower, brushed my teeth, got dressed, dried my hair, and left the safety of the bathroom. There is no way we are making it to breakfast to meet up with them before class. Class starts in 10 minutes. Scorpius was waiting on the couch. He looked at me, and hesitated. "I'm so sorry-" we said at the same time, shocked the other said anything. "Wait why are you sorry?" He asked me with wide eyes. "Why are you sorry?" I asked with the same expression. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable.." He whispered, looking very ashamed.. "No no no. I'm sorry I made you think I was uncomfortable. Trust me, I really enjoyed the thought.. And you are very tempting, but I guess I got insecure and shy, and kinda ran for the hills.." I whispered, staring at my feet.

I heard the couch creek, and then heard his footsteps slowly walking towards me. I lifted my head. And once again, silver met sapphire. He kissed my forehead, and hugged me. I put my ear against his chest, I loved hearing his heart beat. I could feel the rhythm against my ear. "I love you, Weasley. And I will never do anything you don't want to do." He said softly, his hands in my hair. I pulled away to kiss his cheek. "I love you too, Malfoy." I know he is not with me for that reason. I know he loves me. And I know he'd never hurt me. "So, I think it's your turn for the shower." I said with a wink. He kissed me on the forehead before going into the bathroom. Time to start that letter..