CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX

"You heard the girl. Start talking." I heard Scorpius's voice boom loudly against the hollow walls behind me. "I escaped by jumping out of the prison." He stated flatly. We all looked at him in confusion. He rolled his eyes irritably, and looked at the ground. "I saw my chance. To breathe real air for the first time in years... You see a troll-" "Harry you seriously need to find new guards for Azkaban" Scorpius had cut Dolohov off to say it bluntly. "As I was saying, i threw my food tray at one of the trolls. It got pissed off, smashed a hole in the wall. It looked at me, and broke my cage, trying to kill me. I didn't think. I just ran and jumped out of the hole in the wall. I fell and fell, thinking this would be it. And it almost was.. But I dived into the water and survived. I swam and swam until I was finally at land. And I had to live in the forest for a few days.. Gather my strength up. I had to find food, and rest. When I was ready I made my way to Malfoy manor. I begged Draco for help, but all he could say was that he was done with people like me. And when he turned, I saw his wand.. I grabbed it, and cursed him."

The room was very tense, knowing this is when life got worse for Scorpius. "I took it out on his kid. Made both of them suffer. I wanted my revenge. Draco had a family, and was still wealthy while I was rotting away in prison for the same things he had done-" "HE WAS A CHILD YOU BASTARD!" Scorpius yelled, making everyone jump in the room. I haven't heard Scorpius defend his father in years.. "But he did them still! You don't know what it's like! For everyone you know to be gone, dead, escaped even! And being alone in a cell for years! Not being able to see your family, not being able to raise your own child!" He yelled, tears streaming down his disheveled face. "I got in contact with my son. He was actually a student at Durmstrang Academy. He had thought I was dead, and was surprisingly was just as excited as me to meet one another.. I told him what happened, he swore to help me all he could. He joined Hogwarts, got into Gryffindor, and stalked you." He stared at me.

My body shivered, remembering what it was like to not trust him.. To know something was wrong. "He told me about the shack, I stayed there for a few weeks while we planned our next move. But you ruined them by showing up early. We didn't know what to do with you exactly. So we- um.."

"You tortured me."
"Yeah.."
"Continue."
"Well, we had apperated back to Malfoy Manor, where we had to rethink everything again. Jake told me about the room of requirement. So i went to Borgin and Burkes, went through the cupboard, and got into Hogwarts that way. The fact it was even still there made no sense at all. But we took it. So that's how I continued to sneak into Hogwarts."

He had told us everything. But I still wasn't done.. "But tell me how it felt to ruin so many relationships." I stated blankly, my eyebrows raised as he sat looking still confused. "Oh you know what I'm talking about. See that man over there? With the blonde hair, silver eyes and all? He doesn't have a mother or a father because of you. His mother is gone and his father will never be the same again. Oh, what about the other man? You see him too right? Green eyes, black hair? Yeah, you killed his best friend. You killed a friend, a brother, a son. You killed my father. A husband. And an uncle. You killed a dedicated, hard working man. Who just wanted to protect his family. And you know what? He's GONE. I'll never hear his laugh again. I will never feel his arms around me when I'm sad. I will never get the chance to get married, and have him right there. Walking me down the isle. And that is your fault. You left a family in ruins. Did you know his son hated him for years? Because he didn't understand why he never had time for him? Ron Weasley was too busy trying to catch you, to have time for his family. I hope you know, you destroyed something beautiful and perfect. Something that will never be okay again."

There was a knock at the door, and I was handed the bottle of skele-grow. I poured a glass and watched him drink it. He looked disgusted by the taste but did it anyways. "There. Your legs will be fixed soon." I grabbed the bottle and class from him and stormed out of the room, pushing past my uncle and boyfriend. I shoved it into the guards hands. "Give it to him once a day, and check for healing in his legs. Mr. Potter will be checking in everyday half hour, so id be careful if I were you on the inhumane treating thing, hm?" I stormed away and kept walking, not knowing where I was even going in the first place. I just needed to get out of this fucking school. Away from everything. I just couldn't be here right now. I walked out into the chilling grounds of the school, and began trudging down the hill to the lake.

I sat myself under the tree I use to sit under with Scorpius to study, dropped my face in my hands, and screamed.
"Your going to wake the rest of the school if you scream any louder.." I gasped as I heard that familiar voice whisper to me... I felt him sit next to me, and rest his hand on my hand. He felt cold, and distant, and I needed him so badly right now, no matter how angry I was at him.. "I miss you, daddy.." I whispered. "I know sweetheart.. I miss you too.." "I am so sorry, I know you only wanted me safe, I know you were trying your best, but why did you have to leave me.." I felt the cold hand tighten on mine. "Listen Rosie, I did not leave you. I will never leave you. I will keep an eye on both you and Hugo, and your mom.. You need to tell Hugo I am so proud of the man he has become, and that I love him no matter what. And tell your mom, that she was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I wish you could leave a message for everyone honestly, but I guess that's not how this works. But Rosie, you can't shut people out. I know this is hard, but trust me, it will get better, I promise."

I suddenly felt the weight lift off my hand, and I gasped. "I love you too, dad.." I clamped a hand over my mouth. "Rose..? Who were you talking to..?" I heard Scorpius behind me. I began to sob uncontrollably. He was with me this entire time, watching me, helping me. And now he's gone. "Woah, Rose!?" I felt Scorpius wrap his arms around me, and I sank into his chest. "He was there! He was here! And he's gone now!" I screamed, letting the pain surround me one last time. "Rose, what are you talking about..?" He whispered, petting my hair as I cried. "He was here.." I sobbed. "Shhh, it's okay baby, I got you.." He whispered softly. I let the suffering surround me, just one last time.. Because I believed my father.. Things would get better in time, I just needed to be open to letting people help..  His promise meant the world to me after all..