CHAPTER FIVE

The rest of first year went the same, Scorpius and I hated each other with an undying passion. Everyday there was a new insult to be thrown at the other person. After the food fight fiasco, Albus and Scorpius never sat with us again for the rest of the year. And as much as a missed Al, I was happy with it that way. Scorpius and Al seemed to have become best friends through out the year, meaning Albus and I drifted farther apart. At first it bothered me but then I realized that's just how it was going to be. However, Harley and I had developed an inseparable bond. We became best friends and learned a lot about each other through the year. And I kept the promise I made that night, I beat Malfoy in every test we had. And the best part was how bothered he would get about it. I only beat him by a couple of points every time, but the fact I was beating him annoyed him. And I loved it. My mother was very disappointed when she found out about the food fight, but my father was prouder then I've ever seen him. "Keep up the good work Rosie! Make him suffer!" Is what he told me in a letter he sent when my mother wasn't looking. Since I've been at Hogwarts I've discovered new things, new and amazing things. I found out I'm actually really good in DADA, but the downside is that Scorpius Malfoy also has a talent in that class. We made sure not to get into too much trouble after our first day, but that didn't mean we didn't fight a lot. Every now and again we would hex each other in the hallway, but we were only in our first year so we couldn't do much damage except lock someone's legs together, or make them laugh so hard that they would pee themselves. After our detentions people didn't hate us so much anymore, points where made up, and all was forgiven. Albus and Harley had become friends some how and hang out a lot, meaning me and Scorpius have to see more of each other then we would like, but it's the only way I ever get to really see Al outside of class. Another weird discovery is my liking for quidditch. My dad has always been a fan of the sport but I never paid much attention to it till now. I might try out next year, you never know. My cousins James and Fred are the Gryffindor beaters, and are amazing. Actually now that I think about it, most of the Gryffindor team is made up of Weasleys and Potters. Fred and James are beaters, and Lucy, Roxanne, and Dominique are chasers. I want to be a keeper, iv been practicing on holidays when I visit the Burrow with my family. But first year ended sooner than expected, and everyone was going home for the summer holidays. "Your going to visit me right?" I asked Harley as the Hogwarts express pulled into kings cross station. "Of course! Just send me an owl ok?" Harley and I grabbed our trunks and started to leave the compartment. Whenever I stepped into the hallway someone collided into me, knocking us both over. "Oh! My bad I- oh it's you." Malfoy said with disgust. Silver and sapphire where staring daggers at each other. "Mind getting off of me? Or are you such an idiot blonde you have forgotten how to move?" I stated cooly as I narrowed my eyes at the boy. "Maybe if your hair wasn't so abnormally bushy I would have been able to see where I was going!" He spat at me, his face turning pink. I was about to retaliate when Harley and Albus came to his rescue. "There you are! Come on I want you to meet my family!" Harley said as she pulled me up from under Malfoy. I'm pretty sure she shot a look at Albus as if they had planned their escape. "Oi Scorp, you need to meet my dad, come along already." And with that Albus and Malfoy vanished into the platform into the swarm of families. "I swear on Dumbledores grave that boy is going to get it one day." I muttered with clenched teeth. "Rosie, it's summer. You don't need to see his pale Malfoyish face for 3 months. Don't worry about it ok?" I took a deep breath. Harley was right. It's summer, which means I get to spend three months at the Burrow with all my family, and hopefully Harley will visit. "Now let's go? I want to meet your parents!" Harley said excitedly as we stepped onto the platform, the warm summer air hitting our faces. I could see the famous family red hair from here. We ran up to my family, trunks rolling behind us. "Daddy!" I yelled as I dropped my trunk and jumped into my fathers arms. "Hey Rosie!" My father hugged me back. "Well I feel no affection what so ever." I heard my mother say behind me. I released my father and went into my mothers arms. "Missed you mum." My mother hugged me back, burying her face in my hair. I let go of my family and took a step back. "Mum, dad. This is Harley Andrews." Harley waved silently. "Of course! We've heard much about you!" My mother said reaching for her hand to shake. "Will you be staying with us anytime in the summer? Our family gets together at the Burrow for summers and you would be very welcomed." My mother said smiling. "If I'm welcomed?" Harley asked. "Of course you are, according to Rosie's letters you seem like a tolerable person." My father said as he put an arm around my mother. It was at that moment that my Uncle Harry, Aunt Ginny, Lilly, Hugo, James, and Albus walked over. I hugged my aunt and uncle and tassled Hugo and Lilly's hair. When I looked up at James and Albus, Albus was looking at his feet and James looked like he was suppressing a laugh. "What's up with you two?" I asked suspiciously. "Oh nothing, just looking forward to seeing your reaction." James said smiling with a menacing smile. "My reaction to what?" I asked taking a step away from James. "Oh Rose." My mother called, I turned away from my cousins to face my mother. "It looks like not only will Harley be staying with us, but Harry and Ginny have invited Scorpius as well." My face drained of any color there was left, and my mouth fell open. I could here James laughing his arse off as the painful realization hit that I would not get to have a Malfoy free summer.