CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN

The oldest memory I have, I was a little girl. My mom was pregnant with Hugo, I remember her belly being large, and getting larger every day. And my dad had finally gotten a day off, for the first time in weeks, and we were so happy, mom and I. That day, we slept in, my mother had made a big breakfast, and we ate at the table together, as a family. And later that day, we would go play in the pond next to our cottage, and we would have a picnic for lunch. And it was an amazing day. But then, around dinner time, him and mom started fighting. I can't remember what they were yelling about, I just know I felt so confused as to why such a perfect day, ended with such disaster. My mom started crying, and my dad rushed to her, apologizing over and over. Not soon after, he started working at the joke shop, quit being an auror. That memory was the definition of my life. Everything was so beautiful and perfect, and suddenly, out of no where almost, it all came crashing down. I opened my eyes, and in the doorway of my bedroom, I could see Harley and Albus, whispering back and forth. "She hasn't left her bed for three days, Albus. I'm getting worried. Have you talked to Malfoy?" Albus shook his head, "he won't talk to me. His dad's trial is in four days, so he has been at the school down in the dungeons, visiting his dad." Harley sighed heavily, and looked at me. She saw that I had been listening, and immediately came in the room. "Hey!" She whispered excited. "You're up, you fell asleep, again." I didn't say anything. "How do you feel? You've missed a lot of school, don't you think it is time to get up, and maybe get back in the swing of things?" She said delicately, sitting on the edge of the bed. "I watched my father get buried two days ago. What's so wrong with sleeping." I muttered, shifting in my sheets. I hadn't left the cottage. I was supposed to return to school yesterday, but I can't seem to find the energy to leave my bed. "Rose, this is getting out of hand, you need to talk to Scorpius." Albus stated, entering my room, arms crossed. I let my eyes drift to the floor, staring at the wood. The patterns imprinted on each individual plank that made up my floor. "He doesn't want to see me, let alone talk to me." I whispered. I felt like I was suffocating every time I thought of him. "I still don't understand what happened. He made it seem like you dumped him or something?" I couldn't tell if Albus was making a statement, or asking a question. "His life would be less complicated without me. He said it himself, every time things seem okay, suddenly they aren't."

Harley and Albus shared a look. "What are you talking about? The whole reason either of you survive all this crap, is because you've had each other to survive it with." Harley whispered. "That's how anyone survives stuff like this, they have someone." I shook my head. I just didn't understand how to feel anymore. I love Scorpius, and I feel like I'm suffocating without him, but, when we are together, something goes wrong. How do I make this feeling go away. How do I ever feel okay again. "Rose, you can't do this anymore. Your dad is gone, and it's horrible, but he would not want you laying here, missing school, torturing yourself over everything that life has handed you." Harley pleaded. "I just feel stuck.." I whispered. She nodded her head. "I know, and it's okay to feel stuck right now. It is okay to be stuck. And it's also okay, if you and Malfoy take some time apart, while you figure out how to be unstuck. But it's not okay to lay here, feeling sorry for yourself, you are Head Girl damn it. You need to pull it together and act like it." Harley was now standing, hands on hips, determination written all over her face. "Get up." She said. I felt motivation for the first time in days. I felt, something, finally something. Like I could someday, be okay.

I slowly got out of bed, and stood up. My legs were weak, and I felt sore from laying down for so long. "Now, we are going to get you something to eat, then you will shower, while I pack your things back up, and you are going back to school, tonight. And you are going to be in control of your life, starting now." She said confidently. And for what felt like for the first time in a long time, I smiled. I believed I could be in control. "Sounds like a plan." I whispered, and she hugged me. I head a click noise, as we looked over and saw Albus with his camera. "What? Memories." he said shrugging his shoulders. My smile never left my face.